Featured TUTORIAL Your FIRST car in Assetto Corsa - Basic Guide

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by luchian, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Tony Bew

Tony Bew New Member

Hi, I am a complete newcomer to modding etc. but I want to try and understand how to make a car so that I can try to make a car of my own. I have been driving AC since its prerelease stage on Steam and I love it.
    So my first step was to download acm_tutorial_basic and see what the tutorial will produce. Unfortunately I cannot drive the car as if I try to use it I get Race Cancelled in Content Manager or if I try to run it straight from AC UI it won't load (no error message). I am using v1.16.03 of AC.

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Did you copy and rename the audio .bank file ?

3. Tony Bew

Tony Bew New Member

NO I didn't , sorry must have missed that somewhere. And yes it fixed the problem thanks.

Do you think it is feasible for me as a complete duffer to create a car of my own (Chrysler Xfire) after following the tutorial or should I just stick to modding? I have a basic car model for the Xfire which I downloaded free. Also there is a paid better one around.

4. luchian

The tutorial here, will get you starting (seeing your car ingame). However, to make it an enjoyable experience, you'll need to go further, following the pdf provided by Kunos. And to make it realistic(ish), you need some "engineering" thinking, because you'll need to crunch values and measurements into the physics file.

That being said, it's not rocket science. It all depends on how much time and energy you wish to put into this. You will encounter difficulties, or even be stuck at times. Just don't give up, and you'll manage.

So my advice: no matter if you are a noob, don't let that stop you at least from trying.

5. Tony Bew

Tony Bew New Member

ok Thanks for that :)

6. KipsyNow

KipsyNow New Member

Hi, I'm having troubles with the ksEditor, when I import the acm_tutorial_basic.fbx the camera is under the car and the zoom (via mouse wheel) can't go farther than that (see the picture attached).
    How to move the camera in this tool?

Attached Files:

7. luchian

Side note: however, if this is where you are, you might have a long (and steep) road ahead of you :nerd:.

KipsyNow likes this.
  8. KipsyNow

KipsyNow New Member

Thank you luchian, now I can move the camera like a pro already!
    Thanks also for the encouragement! :lol:

luchian likes this.
  9. luchian

I appreciate the optimism :lol:. Good spirit at least !

PS: the mouse-scroll modifies the FOV, it's not actually moving the camera.

KipsyNow likes this.
  10. TwistedMexi

TwistedMexi New Member

Something still isn't right for me. my car has textures in KS Editor but it shows black unless I specify ambient. Am I supposed to export lights or something?

: tutorial, car mod
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice