1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHADER setting-up trees

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by jarodyi, Nov 4, 2014.

1. jarodyi

jarodyi New Member

1 and can u share u wire.dds and 3ds file in pic with me?

2 can u show me your trees setting in aceditor? i can`t get trees view right :(

3 can u tell me how does the "Illumination" works for ? just see the time effect in editor but not set the sun position in game?

Attached Files:

2. luchian

luchian Administrator ACM Racing Team ACM Club Driver

2/ Best way (recommended by Kunos) is to use Y trees (remember, AC does not support double sided materials, so you must mirror faces). You can have a look at the trees in the sample track provided with the game STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\editor\samples\newbury.

2014-11-04_223532.png

You can setup normals manually, but there is an easier way, if you respect 2 conditions. This will assure best look and best performance for your trees.

1) respect naming convention: KSTREE_GROUP_”anyname“_”number”
    Example: KSTREE_GROUP_test_1. A group will be formed by all the objects that have the same name and continuous numbering: KSTREE_GROUP_test_2, KSTREE_GROUP_test_3, KSTREE_GROUP_test_4, and so on. If you wish a second group, change the name of the group: KSTREE_GROUP_other_1, 2, 3, ...

2) the pivot point of the single tree must be in the center of the geometry (or slightly moved on Z axis). This way, the ksEditor will set the normals automatically when you import your FBX.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    Willy Wale and liquido like this.