Featured TUTORIAL Your FIRST car in Assetto Corsa - Basic Guide

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by luchian, Aug 22, 2017.

1. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

you're better of watching any other "Blender Entry Tutorial" as these first steps are the same, no matter what you want to create in it, than anyone of us filming something AC specific.

This is a good series that aims at the same sort of models:

2. quetillo

quetillo Member

I have the car, it is a rfactor car, I passed it to 3dsimed and I looked at it in kseditor, which is not where to go, I have seen the cubes put on wheels, shock absorbers, steering wheel, etc. but I have no idea There are many videos but they do not specify the steps very well, the renown they do, tires, wheels, suspension, steering wheel, bodywork, chassis, I messed up a lot in this matter, thank you very much for the speed

Attached Files:

3. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

I somehow still had email notification activated on this thread, but turned it off now.

This exact thread is still your best tutorial to get a car working ingame, even if its not selfmade, you need to modify the model to work in AC.

4. quetillo

quetillo Member

gracias AccAkut,

let's see if you can help me a little. I did a basic test, create a cube and the 4 wheels, I gave them the corresponding dummies, all good since I have attached this to the dummies, etc. I export it fbx and open it in kseditor, when I export it in kn5 I put it in a folder and from here it does not happen, I have to copy all the files from the tutorial here and then modify the names, I do not understand that much because I do not know what name and files to modify and what to put.thanks

5. denis370

denis370 Member

ionomi che devi modificare sostituendoli con il nome del tuo kn5 sono:
    1) ui_car.json dentro alla cartella UI
    2) car.ini dentro alla cartella "data" sotto la tabella "[INFO]"
    3) lods.ini dentro alla cartella "data" (lods.ini deve avere lo stesso nome del tuo kn5)

quetillo likes this.
  6. quetillo

quetillo Member

thanks denis370, I will try, it seems easy but at the same time it is complicated, I have a rfactor car that I would like to pass to assetto and I was first testing, with this tutorial, a square and some wheels, but it did not come out when reading the tutorial One gets involved a lot. I create the dummis, in the different places, steering wheel, wheels, and some more. I will try again

7. quetillo

quetillo Member

A / respect the false name B / respect hierarchy between dummies and mesh I don't understand much the A / and the B / what is the false name and what is the mesh, the dummis are the squares that are created in each piece, I imagine.thanks

8. denis370

denis370 Member

questo tutorial è davvero ben fatto per rendere la tua prima auto in Assettocorsa, devi tenere a mente che questo tutorial ti insegna le basi con ciò che serve solo per mettere la tua creazione nel gioco e vederla funzionare. invece ti sembra di capire che stai facendo una conversione di un'auto presa in rfactor e non riuscirai con questo tutorial ..

quetillo likes this.
  9. denis370

denis370 Member

this tutorial is really well done to make your first car in Assettocorsa, you have to keep in mind that this tutorial teaches you the basics with what it takes only to put your creation in the game and see it work. instead you seem to understand that you are doing a conversion of a car taken in rfactor, and you will not succeed with this tutorial ..

quetillo likes this.
  10. denis370

denis370 Member

if you want I can provide you with a blend file with all the complete hierarchy of the car, or just an essential hierarchy to make it work, already in scale and with nulls oriented and named as they must be for the AC game engine, then you will have to enter inside the nulls the meshes that form the car you want to do. of course the nulls will have to be moved to the right positions for the shape of your car, for example the wheels.
    but of course, if you do not know a minimum of rules it is difficult, there are many small things that you will have to make a mistake before understanding, then you have to arrange the data in the .ini files based on your car and the textures .. there is so much to to do, but if you start with something as simple as the luchian tutorial, you will see that it is easy. be very careful with the export scale that is 1.0

quetillo likes this.
  11. quetillo

quetillo Member

Denis 370
    Grazie, voglio provare prima. Ho fatto la scatola e le 4 ruote, per cercare e non è venuto fuori. L'auto rfactor sarebbe per più tardi, dal momento che ce l'ho in. Fbx. Ma finché non imparo le basi, non posso iniziare. Grazie mille per la velocità. Si dice anche che ci sono persone che passano auto da NFS e rfactor.

Thanks, I want to try first. I made the box and the 4 wheels, to try and it didn't come out. The rfactor car would be for later, since I have it in. Fbx. But until I learn the basics, I can't begin. Thank you so much for the speed. Also say that there are people who pass cars from both NFS and rfactor

12. denis370

denis370 Member

read the pipeline document you have in the main folder of assettocorsa / sdk / dev, there are things that help you

quetillo likes this.
  13. quetillo

quetillo Member

Thank you very much, that took in mind, take something simple to put into practice, then I would go to a more real car.
    I wanted to do this because I have 2 models of cars, a kartcross and a BRC, but as I have already told you, first I want to learn the basics of a square and four wheels, I have been testing with cars, simple steering wheels, wheels and little else, then already It would happen to the animation of the shock absorbers. Later, thank you very much

14. Thomas Marshall

Thomas Marshall New Member

hey guys i'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask in or not, but it is my first proper mod ever so idk.
    basically my car is pretty much finished in terms of model but honestly this could be an issue with physics rather than model i'm not sure. but ye basically the wheels are too far back and i can't figure out why, in the showroom it looks normal, the car drives as it should but like i say the wheels are too far back (also ik the driver position is bad but i'll change it later). if anyone knows why the wheels are here instead of on the suspension like it should be please could you tell me so i can fix it. Thanks.
    Screenshot_formula_f1600_goodwood_hillclimb_30-7-120-14-18-26.jpg

15. denis370

denis370 Member

in your car's data folder open car.ini and modify the following values:
    [BASIC]
    GRAPHICS_OFFSET = -0.01, -0.395,0.095 these 3 values change the position of the wheels, the last of the 3 is what you need.
    GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION = 0.0
    TOTALMASS = 1200
    INERTIA = 1.85,1.347,3.670
    to see the changes in real time, open CM Showroom and check the "Alingn using data" box, change the values I have indicated and save the changes, in the showroom you will see the wheels move

16. Thomas Marshall

Thanks for helping me out with this, i really appreciate it, the advice you gave me regarding the car.ini has fixed the wheels being too far back but it's also as if the track they are on is larger than the actual track so the wheels are too far apart also also the suspension which was perfectly lined up before is now too far forward not sure why. upload_2020-7-30_16-12-20.png

i should also probably have mentioned earlier that when the wheels themselves turn they don't turn as they should, idrk how to explain but the gif shows it good ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

sorry that i don't know how to fix these issues, hopefully i can learn to fix it and then i won't need to ask again in the future :)
    Thanks again

17. denis370

denis370 Member

the distance of the wheels correct it from the "suspensions.ini" file, at the bottom of the tab you will find these values:
    WHEEL_LF = 0.000; Left front graphical offset movement
    SUSP_LF = 0.000; Left front graphical offset of the suspension
    WHEEL_RF = -0.000; Right front as above
    SUSP_RF = -0.000; Right front as above
    WHEEL_LR = 0.000; Left rear as above
    SUSP_LR = 0.000; Left rear as above
    WHEEL_RR = -0.000; Right rear as above
    SUSP_RR = -0.000; Right rear as above

by slightly varying these values EXAMPLE (before WHEEL_RR = -0.000) (after WHEEL_RR = -0.020) you will get the internal or external lateral movement of the wheel.
    SUSP_RR instead does the same for the NULL SUSP which is usually the brake disc and caliper.

18. denis370

denis370 Member

always in the same tab you find in [FRONT] and [REAR] of data like these:
    STRUT_CAR = 0.180, 0.400, -0.053
    STRUT_TYRE = 0.06, -0.130, 0.0067
    WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT = 0.350, -0.100, 0.0; Bottom front car side wishbone attach point
    WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR = 0.350, -0.100, -0.270; Bottom rear car side wishbone attach point; Top tire side wishbone attach point
    WBTYRE_BOTTOM = 0.04, -0.130, 0.0067; Bottom tire side wishbone attach point
    WBCAR_STEER = 0.400, -0.014, -0.16585; Steering rod car side attach point
    WBTYRE_STEER = 0.070, -0.040, -0.14585; Steering rod tire side attach point

the 3 numbers separated by a comma that you have after each "equal" symbol so (=) are the coordinates to move the suspensions.

19. denis370

denis370 Member

as for your wheels that rotate as in GIF, I believe that you have moved the NULL of the wheel and not its meshes inside, thus giving an incorrect fulcrum to the wheel.
    you should start with simpler things following the guidance of luchian, simple and very well done, so you can slowly understand the basics, because in your method you will have other problems besides these

20. Thomas Marshall

ok i understand, i'll work on something less complicated for the time being and then once i'm more confident with everything i can fix the issues with this car.
    thanks for all of your help, have a nice day :)

: tutorial, car mod
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice