Featured TUTORIAL Your FIRST car in Assetto Corsa - Basic Guide

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by luchian, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Kattila

Kattila New Member

This was one of the files which I tried to open with similar results and error.

Attached Files:

2. WalkerAW11

WalkerAW11 New Member

Ah sorry, I didn't see your post about checking the crash log folder. I just opened the file you attached and it works ok for me, just to be sure are you opening kseditor.exe and then file>open fbx? If there are no logs then it's difficult to know what the problem is.

3. Kattila

Kattila New Member

Yes this is what i did.

4. WalkerAW11

WalkerAW11 New Member

Just noticed that any errors recorded by kseditor in the log.ini will be deleted if you open Assetto, so that explains why the log you posted showed game info instead, can you make the error happen again, then upload the log.ini straight after? Then it should have the info you need

5. Kattila

Kattila New Member

Here it is. Assetto was not opened before I got the error message.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      3.3 KB
      Views:
  6. WalkerAW11

WalkerAW11 New Member

That one is more like it, unfortunately I can't see anything that stands out though...maybe someone else can but the only thing I could suggest is to try downloading the Modded KSEditor and see if that works, just to rule out your original having a problem. Here's the link (are we allowed to link stuff?)
    https://yadi.sk/d/RuPNrcCurCm4Z
    Just extract that to a folder and try running the fbx from there

Kattila likes this.
  7. Kattila

Kattila New Member

I have tried modded ks editors too. I will give this a chance.

8. Kattila

Kattila New Member

No hope with modded ks_editor either. It gives similar error.

9. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    Firstly, worth mention that the sample you've posted is related to "tracks". Of course, SDK point of view, that makes no difference. Secondly, it opens fine on my machine.. Are you sure you did not "blocked" some shaders from the editor ? Because the error seems to be there.. a shader that is not found.

Could you please check:
    1/do you have these shaders under \STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\editor\system\shaders
    Code:
    ksFXAA_0
    ksFXAA_1
    ksFXAA_2
    ksFXAA_3
    ksFXAA_4
    ksFXAA_5
    newStefano_ksTyres
    2/does your SDK editor work for anything else ?
    3/did you "initialize" the editor after 1st time use ? (meaning not to see everything in B&W and low res)

Kattila likes this.
  10. Kattila

Kattila New Member

3/ Please let me know what does it mean to "initialize" the editor? I am not sure what this means...however I do not know whether or not I see everything in B&W and low res because I have not been able to get this far ever.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  11. Kattila

Kattila New Member

I think this issue is Microsoft related and leads to Windows 10 installation.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  12. WalkerAW11

WalkerAW11 New Member

I don't think I can be of any more help but might be worth mentioning that I'm also getting the error about the shaders and filter in my log, even though everything works for me. In fact the only difference when comparing mine and Kattila's log.txt is the last line. :confused: Don't suppose you're using an old version of .NET framework?

Kattila likes this.
  13. Kattila

Kattila New Member

I am very thankful for all help. However I am using latest version of NET framework and KS_Editor still wont work.

14. Kattila

Kattila New Member

I finally realized with the help of one friend of mine that my Windows 10 Installation was heavily screwed. That is because I used it a bit similarly as I have been using Linux. Very bad. Anyway I reinstalled windows 10 from scratch and now also KS_Editor works smoothly. Sorry about the mess which I have caused.

luchian and WalkerAW11 like this.
  15. WalkerAW11

WalkerAW11 New Member

Excellent! Glad you got it sorted, good luck on the car :)

Kattila likes this.
  16. Kattila

Kattila New Member

Thank you there is lot to learn. :)

17. Kattila

Kattila New Member

Hello again....

Now I am making a car project with latest Blender 3D in order to import that file as .fbx to KS_Editor. My model is rather complex so I have issues with that. Now the KS_Editor works smoothly but my current car file does not. I get a similar error than earlier but this time the reason must be the file itself which I have done badly. As again I do not get an error log at all. I have included an image of my naming which I think is not done perhaps correctly. Please help I have done lots of work in order to make a decent car modeling. This modeling is currently too heavy to upload here. It is far too heavy in order to work well in Assetto Corsa but so far it is only a test. I will later make a low poly version.

Attached Files:

18. WalkerAW11

WalkerAW11 New Member

I'm far from an expert in this area but I saw somewhere on here that a single object cannot have more than 65000 or so verts, not in total but each item. If you're trying to import the model in your attachment with millions I'd say that's your problem, think you'll have to lower the count on at least the objects with too many.

Kattila likes this.
  19. Kattila

Kattila New Member

Thank you for this info. I need to remodel the whole thing. Stay tuned. :)

20. Kattila

Kattila New Member

Hello again,

Now I have modeled a car ceiling in Blender 3D. It imports to the kseditor and it is a very low polygon model. However when I try to see the modeling in kseditor it seems to be nowhere. Definitely it does not seem to be in 0.0.0 point. The object which I imported to kseditor is not possible to see. It should have material and null texture. Still no observation of the object. I have included few images. Please help me in this matter.

Attached Files:

: tutorial, car mod
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice