Featured TUTORIAL Build your FIRST track - BASIC GUIDE

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by luchian, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Joekan

Joekan New Member

Well, thank you @luchian for the post. I learnt my basic knowledge on this post.

Right now, I am working on a huge (about 5km by 5km) open world map using blender 2.79 , but when I was testing the visual effect on a certain section, I noticed the car somehow moves irregularly when it was stationary. Or I should say it feels like the road is wavy, and the car just float on it. After countless of tests, I found the issue occurs when the car is further away from the global origin and nothing wrong as long as I brought the car closer to the origin. I wonder if anyone has a similar problem? Or if I have done something terribly wrong.

2. Les Neilson

Les Neilson Active Member

I was browsing a few days ago and found a link to a patch which it claimed would eliminate the jittering when stationary. But I didn't download it and now I can't remember where I saw it. I have a feeling it was in the comments of a youtube video, but I haven't been able to find it so far. Does anyone know about it?

3. Joekan

Joekan New Member

Thank you @Les Neilson , I found the link you mentioned, but it doesn't fix my problem.
    https://acstuff.ru/f/d/20-shaders-patch-reduced-wobbling

My problem is more likely caused by the physical effect on the road/tire than vertical shaders issue.
    If I change the camera view and see the car from the rear, I find the car is drifting on the road when I put the car in neutral.

4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

For a map of only 5km x 5km you should not have any problem. Iirc, the problems start when you are more than 8 km (or was it 16 ? cc @john777) from origin.

Check scale when exporting.
    Check surface properties (the ones defined in surfaces.ini) not to have any sin wave.

- on Tapatalk

5. Johnr777

Johnr777 Active Member

Yeah, pretty sure it is 16km. But other factors can cause issues like that. A screenshot of the object you are driving would be helpful!

Is it one massive object? Multiple objects? Object name? (Sometimes the name can play the corrupt)

6. Les Neilson

Les Neilson Active Member

I'm assuming the patch is just a visual fix rather than changing the physics calculations, which I would guess is impossible (without rewriting the AC code). So it would make sense that there's a small drift in position when the car should be standing still. I'll try out the patch as soon as I can (thanks ir the link Joekan) on my own TT circuit

7. Johnr777

Johnr777 Active Member

The patch is more than just visual, it does rewrite a lot of the game code. But same object rules, naming conventions, lengths etc still apply. This drifting issue is definitely something else

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice