Featured TUTORIAL Build your FIRST track - BASIC GUIDE

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by luchian, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie New Member

All I do to fix the problem is to open my .kn5 in 3dsimed and export as trackname-temp.fbx. When you import this new .fbx in to ksEditor you are able to click on the AI spline correctly.

I assume there is some kind of axis issue when exporting from 3ds max or blender that 3dsimed doesn't have.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Kibbutz, zorro-rojo and luchian like this.
  2. zorro-rojo

zorro-rojo New Member

:) I had been crazy for a week trying different things!! and now in 5 min it's fixed! It's been easier than I thought!! hehe thank you very much luchian and Fat-Alfie!!! :p

luchian and Fat-Alfie like this.
  3. LockeNessMotorsports

LockeNessMotorsports Active Member

Ok I've got a track map and done my ai but I still don't have an outline.png xD. What's gone wrong?

4. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Delete the one that’s there and start the game, AC will recreate one based on your AI line automatically

5. LockeNessMotorsports

LockeNessMotorsports Active Member

I have but I've running through content manager I deleted the map and didn't have an outline to begin with at all so I'll try launching the actual game.

6. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

I need some help please! I've started looking out for optimization and performance, and I'm experimenting with texture baking in 3ds Max. So far everything works and I succesfully created my baked texture, I do an extra unwrap UV to be sure, export and test it in ks editor. The uv map is totally messed up. Ok so I get back to Max, check the uv map, all is well, change map channel, export and nothing changed, still same result. I check the file in 3dsimed and it's got the same messed up map as kseditor. If I change the UV map in Max I can see the actual edits in ks editor, problem is not in Max, it keeps the correct map no matter if I box or sphere or plane the UV. Have you got any idea what I could be doing wrong? I'm searching the web but I can't find similar problems yet.

7. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

You wrote “change map channel”... AC only supports one channel.

8. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

I change map channel when unwrapping UVs, going always to channel 2, and when exporting the fbx that will become the only channel wich AC will read from. I've been doing this for months and I never had this problem, but I've never used baked texture too. I think it has something to do with the render to texture settings, I'll start from scratch and see if I can point out my mistake.

9. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie New Member

Sounds like you are using the wrong channel when you bake your AO

10. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

[​IMG]

these are my settings, I thought about the wrong channel but if I select 1 then only the big board texture gets taken into consideration and it bake only that one everywhere.

11. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Ok, looking at your settings, you are not actually baking AO...

You have to choose an Ambient Occlusion element/renderer, see my settings:

shot44.jpg

Kibbutz likes this.
  12. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

ok, I did that now and I get this error. Some materials are taken into consideration and some are not. They're all standard only diffuse materials, should they be something else?
    Edit: forgot, I'm selecting channel 2 cause my map is stored in that channel, I'll move everything back to 1 if that could be causing issue but since I'm still a step before the ksEditor I'll wait to do that till I find a working method.
    [​IMG]

13. ACDT

ACDT New Member

hi all i made a spireal ramp n my cars just go strate throw it could anyone explain i used blender to edit the size then 3d sim to import now i just go throw it :( no solid is the only thing but idk ,,, anyone

14. pyge

pyge New Member

I used the blender particle system to add some trees to my track (800 trees, one material). I'm getting graphical artifacts in sdk and in game and some trees are missing? Is this a gpu issue or sdk issue? I have not had any issues in any other games with this gtx970.

I remember reading somewhere on this board that some updated unofficial sdk exists but I can't find the posts anymore. All in all I have 410k tris including the non visible road mesh at this point.

The artifacts are essentially just really long polygons going across the track from tree to tree. If I open the fbx in blender it opens fine with no issues. In sdk and in game I get artifacts.

edit: I think I figured it out. It seems the kstree shader or kstree_group can't handle non-uniform meshes. I had made y trees but they were not symmetrical. It seems after I fixed that and made them symmetrical the problem went away. I think.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  15. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Not sure that is the cause, maybe others can confirm.

However, to avoid a useless post :nerd:, one version of the modded KS Editor is there. I don't know if there are other/newer versions.

16. plaidspacesuit

plaidspacesuit New Member

First of all, I am new to Blender so my problem is likely an easy fix.

I have been following along with the YouTube tutorial and I can't get any textures in. The plane stays black, yet I can click on the center for the road and it will have the correct material (same for the grass on the edges).

Hoping someone can identify my issue here.

15JUL18_BlenderCapture_AssettoTrackTutorial.JPG

17. pyge

pyge New Member

Try materials mode instead of textures mode? Select normals are pointing upwards. You also have uvmap?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  18. plaidspacesuit

No changes made when using material or texture mode. I recorded a quick video to show my issue better.

19. pyge

pyge New Member

Are you using nodes? Mayeb try switching to cycles instead of internal blender render.

If you want you could upload the blend and people could take a look. You don't even need to upload the full track. Just one strip of faces going across the track would be enough.

What tutorial are using?

20. plaidspacesuit

This is the tutorial I am using

Download the .blend here

As I am still new to Blender, I find myself trying to do exactly as the tutorial states. I'll use some nodes and update.

UPDATE:

Switching to cycles and using nodes allowed me to laydown my textures!
    Capture.JPG

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice