1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured TUTORIAL Build your FIRST track - BASIC GUIDE

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by luchian, Jun 14, 2014.

1. luchian

luchian Administrator ACM Racing Team ACM Club Driver

When you model them yes. But after, if using correct naming, they will automatically be grouped by the AC Editor.

- on Tapatalk

2. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

I'm back with a question for you guys! I'm working on a side road transition for my mountain road. What i want to achieve is to give the terrain part of the side road a transparency so that it will blend with my terrain. Is it possible? The squared part on the screen would be the transparent one

https://imgur.com/R80Kh7C
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Johnr777

Johnr777 Active Member

There are 2 ways of going about that, one is the alpha channel way... https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/blending-method-for-grass-sand-dirt.164/

OR the mask shader way, but you need to understand the concept of using a RGB mask for detail textures first... https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/photo-quality-road-surface.834/

luchian and Kibbutz like this.
  4. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

5. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

Hey it's me again with yet another question! (I know you can't stand me already :D)
    The alpha blending method worked fine and i fixed the sideroads thanks to that. Thank you Luchian for the guide and thank you John for pointing that out.
    I'm going to approach the guardrails now, and I'd like to know if you can point me again in the right direction for them. I have 2 differents one already in race track builder, but they're really heavy on file size and different from what they should be, and since what I'm looking for is realism I thought I could do them myself. I dislike the kunos way to do them in the trento bondone, and I've read the Ascari race resort and Nisseringen topics since they talk about them, but I couldn't get more than a visual reference. I will have to follow most of the track with them, so I'd like to do the best I can to keep the rails as light as I can.

6. Johnr777

Johnr777 Active Member

Well, don’t take this the wrong way, but IMO you won’t get realism, or any flexibility to do much in the RTB environment... it was made to be a quick solution to race track building and therefore you only get what’s “programmed” in it. If you want to keep using it to build your track, then the only direction we can point to is the RTB support forum. Bring the track over to 3ds Max or blender and we can definitely help :)

7. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

I'm on 3ds max and rhino (mostly rhino), I'm using RTB for the landscape and roads wich are really easy to adjust and define, while I'm learning the other 2 programs.. Just give me time, I still need the help of an "RTB" like program, wich guides me and made me learn how to "treat" a terrain.