Featured TUTORIAL Your FIRST car in Assetto Corsa - Basic Guide

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by luchian, Aug 22, 2017.

1. denis370

denis370 Member

but if you make a mod following this guide by "luchiano" you have to read well and carefully what he wrote in a precise and detailed way, otherwise you will never be able to make a working mod.
    the wheel nulls had to have the Z axis forward (direction of travel) and Y up with the coordinates "local" your Z axes point up and the scales are 0.2 instead of 0.01.

2. Kumquaaat

Kumquaaat New Member

I thought I did put the Z axis forwards, guess I undid it by mistake, my bad, corrected it.
    To me all the scales are 0.01, I can't seem to see where it is 0.2 and thus causing the issue (I guess)

3. denis370

denis370 Member

I scaled your project, scaled all NULLs and gave scale 0.01 (which is the scale the assettocorsa engine uses).
    I created the file "collider.kn5" that you have to put in your mod folder so your project will have collisions with objects.
    I could not try because I miss the whole mod folder, but so you'll see it works.
    Put the "godawfulcar.kn5" in the mod folder, rename it if necessary and try.
    It might be that you need to adjust the.ini files for the wheels and car position to see the car in the game in the correct way and position.

Attached Files:

Kumquaaat likes this.
  4. Kumquaaat

Kumquaaat New Member

I replaced the files in my folder with yours, it works flawlessly. I think I understand better what you meant by the scaling, I didn't think of going in the transform menu.
    I will now try to reproduce what you did to my original files, and then maybe start a more ambitious and complex mod.
    I have learnt a lot from this exchange, thank you ever so much, you are a blessing to this community! :)

5. denis370

denis370 Member

6. Kumquaaat

Kumquaaat New Member

Thanks for the indications. The wheels were kinda floppy indeed, quite funny and unexpected to be honest, made me chuckle a bit :lol:
    After playing with the ini I managed to fix it as you suggested. The car drives well-ish but suffers from under at high speeds but oversteer at high. (I don't mind at all, that's how I wanted it I guess :lol:, maybe I should make the tyres wider or change the wheel spacing)
    Again, thanks for all the help, you've been wonderful, thanks a lot :)

7. denis370

denis370 Member

Yesterday I prepared a car folder for you and arranged all the ini files for you, around lunch you send yourself. The problem you have now could be in the toe values or shock settings from within the suspension.ini table

8. denis370

denis370 Member

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B-eGzIa6lxblJoOqT53quP7_KcSE-UFF/view?usp=share_link

I send you the complete file with new modifications and complete mod folder with fixed.ini file.

9. Kumquaaat

Kumquaaat New Member

I tried to make another car, from scratch, and do what you teached me, and as far as I can see it looks fine! I also added rims to use what you said about the wheels hierarchy (though I didn't do suspensions and brakes, I saw your second message only after making the mod). The "new" mod is in the gdrive link if you want to take a look at it (point errors if you have time maybe?).
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kHgHPgiRfrpWn08TTTXZ5Np9Mhm4kuOU/view?usp=sharing
    I couldn't do it for lunch today I wasn't really available today, only have free time in the evening.

Thanks for the mod you sent! The modifications you made are very helpful and I will learn from them. As I said before I have a more ambitious project in mind and I was wondering how to make proper brake discs and suspensions. I will try to add wings in the future, too.
    Thanks for the help and feedback!

10. denis370

denis370 Member

In the video I show you some small corrections to make..
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c3XVB6msiyek0CaQIrpGab8UmNzNXMXD/view?usp=share_link

Kumquaaat likes this.
  11. SeibiRiho

SeibiRiho New Member

Hello

I have been on-and-off making my first custom car model for a couple of months (time restrained). I exported a car from CATIA V5 as .stp file (at first the base chassis, rims and tires, later more components), modified in 3DS Max (materials, dummies etc.) and exported the .fbx. But when I open the file in ksEditor, the mapping is a bit weird. I made a 4096x4096 dds file, with 4 quadrants of different colors, to test out and the file basically covers the whole car as little pixels, not as one piece. Also when I export the kn5 and open it in CM Showroom, the skin also seems weird and the 4096 mapping is just big green mess (as seen on the image).

Has anyone encountered this kind of behavior? Or at least can tell in what link the problem could lie?

Attached Files:

12. denis370

denis370 Member

you probably have to redo the UV mappings in your 3D software, because in the conversion you made they were lost

13. SeibiRiho

SeibiRiho New Member

Do you have any good guides for that? I found Mamiya Motors channel, but for his model the areas sides and such were already separated. But my model has the whole chassis as one piece and I can't select correct faces as it also selects faces behind (so when side faces, it also selects inner faces). Also I found my tires and wheel are very high poly, do you know a way to "simplify" them?

14. denis370

denis370 Member

I don't use 3D max so I can't help you, because with blender it's different.. however there are many tutorials, you have to search patiently, or try it yourself until you understand how to do it...
    Mapping is not a difficult thing, it takes some experience, but as I already told you in blender it is different.
    for the wheels you want to "simplify" I don't understand what you mean or if it's the translator that doesn't make me understand

15. denis370

denis370 Member

16. denis370

denis370 Member

17. bravejoshua

bravejoshua New Member

im creating a custom car but some of the models become transparent. Anyone know why?

Attached Files:

18. denis370

denis370 Member

you have to load the fbx of the project in blender and reverse the normals, which now, where you see the mesh becoming invisible, are reversed.

19. Kurotik

Kurotik New Member

Hello, I used a blender to model a car
    I'm trying because I think it would look fancy to render a car directly into the Aceto Corsa rather than in any environmental scene.

My goal is to just render and take a photo shot in game
    It doesn't matter if the car works properly, or if the physical engine, performance, etc. all i just want is to be able to see the car on the map.

In order to reduce the limitation of vertices, the number of sub-divisions has also been reduced to use less than 60,000 vertices per part. I understand that we should only extract textures, diffuses, and normal maps and include them in the ks editor. However, is it correct that the names of the mesh in the actual file should be all parts set to empty as parents, such as (WHEEL_LF)?

If I change the blender file that I made to fbx, it doesn't load immediately even though I reduced the vertices.

Even if I look at other modder's files on the cm showroom, I don't understand how blender makes fbx files containing texture files. Do I have to build the textures file myself? my file is just got its materials by blender's cycle engine and livery is also mapped by addon. which means that doesn't even have an uv unwrap yet, but I can send it to you if you want. thank you

20. denis370

denis370 Member

C'è una gerarchia di vuoti con nomi da rispettare, altrimenti il motore assettocorsa non caricherà l'auto in gioco, i vuoti devono avere scala 0.010, che è la grandezza usata da AC, e soprattutto le ruote devono essere con scale corrette per non avere ruote giganti o invisibili nel gioco. L'intero progetto non dovrebbe superare i 250.000 vertici altrimenti avrai lunghi caricamenti nel kseditor, e ogni singola mesh non dovrebbe superare i 45.000 vertici. Ad ogni mesh devi assegnare un materiale in blender, che chiamerai come vuoi. Fatto ciò puoi estrarre il tuo fbx e caricarlo in kseditor dove dovrai collegare una texture e uno shader ad ogni materiale. Quando ogni materiale ha la sua texture, gli shader e i giusti valori degli shader, puoi crearlo in kn5 e metterlo nella tua cartella mod

: tutorial, car mod
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice