RELEASED-wip Mercedes-Benz W125 0.79

1937 grandprix car

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Active Member

Thats a good point about slow speed grip, I'll pay attention to that if I'll drive it again soon. Maybe I'll contact you for further detailed discussion, I don't know.

rF2 tires are not that laborous when you know what everythign does and understand how actual real tires work. Akthough I have never built full tire in there, but I have worked a lot with realtime parameters already. For example, regarding slow speed grip there are strightforward parameters for sliding friction vs sliding velocity.

I am afraid the reason why rF2 tires modding seems difficult for some physics guys is that they are used more to work with data, instead of observing how they work and perhaps even in some times not understanding very simple fundamentals of tire, such as for example what the hell actual slip angle means - it is effectively blending of sliding versus static friction. I rarely even hear people mentioning sliding and static friction relation, instead you will surely hear "slip angle" all over around simracing :D

2. JyriK

JyriK New Member

Well, if you're interested in my physics overhaul for this car* (everything but the engine), I can send you the files. It definitely has more slow speed grip than a horse cart!

The most challenging issue was to set the rear roll center height at two feet (!), as it was in the real car. I did it with a 5-link solution. Unfortunately no camber gain for the rear is possible so I reduced camber sensitivity of the tires (not the most sophisticated solution, but hey..).

* personal use only

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  3. JyriK

JyriK New Member

Oops, working with tires for another mod, I realised I said it backwards. The problem actually is that if you set mid tyre loads correctly (ie. what I meant with mid speed grip) , then you end up with too much low and high load grip... In another words if low load grip is set correctly, there's too little medium load grip.

4. grayman

grayman New Member

hello i am new but my lord this car is car is great have you ever thought about making a w25 too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice