Featured TUTORIAL Your FIRST car in Assetto Corsa - Basic Guide

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by luchian, Aug 22, 2017.

1. xxsoudesaturnoxx

xxsoudesaturnoxx New Member

but can I "connect" one dummy to many meshes with 1 hierarchy?

2. denis370

denis370 Member

yes as leBluem told you you can divide into all the meshes you want as long as you respect the hierarchy as it is now, for example divide the tire into 2, the 2 side shoulders will be a mesh and the tread another, the important thing is that both remain inside the mannequin

3. xxsoudesaturnoxx

xxsoudesaturnoxx New Member

they still have to have the same origin point right?
    what do I need to change to make it work on my blender project?

4. Pascal B

Pascal B New Member

Hello everyone,

I started to create my first own mod.
    Unfortunately, the front lights and the brake lights do not work.

Unfortunately, when I enter the names of the areas in the lights.ini, nothing lights up. Where could the problem be?

Attached Files:

5. denis370

denis370 Member

Surely you enter the wrong name. You have to make sure with the content manager or the 3d software you use, which is the exact name of the mesh you want to illuminate. For the rear brake lights, the "stops" you have to add the script for the brakes, which is not present in the photo, and the exact name of the mesh you want to illuminate for the brakes

6. giovanni pasolini

giovanni pasolini Member

Any Item graphic on Kn5 cars has NAME, you must found it, compare light.ini of other cars. LIGHT OBJECT NAME and his colour RGB (0...255,0...255,0...255) and intensity

7. JrC

JrC Active Member

Ive been able to get the lights lit up for one im working on but for some reason the key doesnt turn them off. Where is the button mapping tied to the headlights to turn them on and off and flash them. Is it a naming convention in the INI or something that is named at the mesh level?

8. denis370

denis370 Member

if you use the keyboard the pre-configured key is usually "L" while if you use a steering wheel you should assign the button you want. however, whether you use keyboard or steering wheel, you can set a key of your choice in the menu, settings, controls

9. JrC

JrC Active Member

the issue is i set up the lights and the mapped button doesnt turn the lights on and off so my question is more about setup for the car in lights.ini or elsewhere then in game controls

10. giovanni pasolini

giovanni pasolini Member

Have you define the light object into file Light.ini?

11. denis370

denis370 Member

you have to make sure that the names you use in the light.ini scripts are correct, are written exactly as it is written and called the object you want to illuminate, and that the script numbering is also correct, otherwise it will not work.

12. fast_bear

fast_bear New Member

Hello everybody,
    I'm a beginner in 3D nodding and I'm struggling with wheels offset. I'm trying to swap wheels on the excellent Noble M400 mod (for my own use only ;)) I don't manage to find which parameter i should change in the suspensions.ini to have the correct looking.

[​IMG]

How it Should looks !

[​IMG]
    How it looks !

Thanks in advance

13. denis370

denis370 Member

GRAPHICS_OFFSETS
    the table you need to adjust the position of the wheels is this and you can find it by scrolling to the bottom of the suspension.ini card.
    WHEEL_LF and SUSP_LF for example are the values that move the wheel (wheel) and the suspension (susp), you will have to move them together to have a correct movement. on one side of the car you will have the positive values, and on the other the negative. try to understand the values

14. fast_bear

fast_bear New Member

Thanks, i going to try this !

15. PAQUITO

PAQUITO New Member

I´m having a similar problem. Everything in Blender is as it should be, I followed all the steps and recommendations, the car in the showroom looks ok, but if I apply the values I get a mess, the wheels are totally out of place and the drivers is way backwards.
    I also followed all the tips I´ve found, changing the values manually in the showroom, but I can´t find a way to apply those changes to the game model, neither found the way to fix the driver position, and it´s driving me crazy to the point I´m thinking in dismiss the project, because I can´t find any useful information at all anywhere that works. Any indication you can give about this?

EDIT: I can share the Blender scene if that helps.
    [​IMG]

16. denis370

denis370 Member

When you have these problems it is usually for wrong empty scales. The empties must be multiples or submultiples of 1 (1.0 / 0.1 / 0.01 / 0.001) and it is not correct to resize the empty wheels or the wheel with the mesh inside, this will give problems, to resize the empties managed by AC (where you have animations) you have to remove the mesh from inside the empty, resize the empty and put back inside the mesh only afterwards. Usually the correct scale in blender for stroke rate is 0.01

17. denis370

denis370 Member

When you have stairs errors it is easy that in the showroom you will see everything well, but in the game you will see everything out of place because the assettocorsa graphics engine finds the wrong stairs

18. PAQUITO

PAQUITO New Member

In order to prevent problems, what I did is the following:
    -Create an empty with default values (I think it was 2 meters)
    -Parent each wheel with each empty (the physical wheel being child of the empty)

So, what I should do is create the empty, scale it to 1 meter (or multiple of 1) and then do the parenting?

19. denis370

denis370 Member

Hope it can solve your problems, or someone can help you with other advice

20. denis370

denis370 Member

First you create the hierarchy of the empty already scaled and positioned, then insert the meshes inside

: tutorial, car mod
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice