RACE Round 07: Blackwood - 16/nov

Discussion in 'Season I' started by assettocorsamods, Nov 9, 2014.

1. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

:lol:

2. fordman

fordman Member

so what's the plan chaps..we can pit, but it will be a slow process, as we need to look for our garage, as there is no pointers? Like I said, we will need to refuel at some stage unless we drop the laps to 20?

What's ur thoughts

Fordie

3. TCLF

TCLF Member

when you enter the pit in the race there's a huge white box where you should stop. If you for whatever reason can't see it, just remember your pit stall number. No need for a shorter race

4. fordman

fordman Member

from what I have seen, there is not "huge white box" there is a box within the garage walls, but it is a guessing game on your pit garage number? Am I correct in that?

Fordie

5. cata82

cata82 Member

wow, this track is cool and fun, never heard of Blackwood until AC but from what i read just now this is a Live for Speed classic :).
    Hope there'll be a lot of us tomorrow, as the Alfa and this track are a cool combination :).

ihlades and luchian like this.
  6. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

All right, server is up and ready. Free practice 1h and Quali will automatically start at usual hour.

7. fordman

fordman Member

anybody else that doesn't have the replay load, mine just crashes ac.exe

Fordie

8. cata82

cata82 Member

I tried to load the replay but i didn't set the size corectly and it shows only the last 2 laps :lol:
    Maybe someone less noob than me has a replay of the whole race, as me and Fordie had a little incident that relegated him to the back of the field and i wish to prove my innocence :).

@fordman : man, you were so concentrated on Luchian ahead of you on that straight that you didn't that i got along side you, on the outside, by simply slipstreaming you...near the braking point you changed to occupy the racing line but..there i was and we colided, basically on the straight line.
    Am sorry you got relegated to the back of the field man, but it was still a fun race :).

luchian likes this.
  9. TCLF

TCLF Member

I'm uploading the replay right when i start writing this, so hope it's done when I'm finished.

There are some things I want to address.

1-Pitting
    I am 100% guilty of just flooring it into the pits, since it's not recognized by the server if someone drives too fast into the pits or not, so it's pretty much uncheckable, unless it will be checked for every driver every race with a follow up penalty. That's a lot of work though.

2-Server
    The server lag was outright bad bad this race (last race there were people with problems too) so I want to offer some help with the server (settings). I would start with asking you where this is hosted?

3-Car
    I see the point @fordman made before the race about this not being a race car. Overheated front tires are very boring and def annoying. I would indeed suggest the btcc nissan as a replacement for next or the race after.

it's 80% in my replay upload

luchian likes this.
  10. TCLF

TCLF Member

11. fordman

fordman Member

@Cat....No Drama's :) I haven't seen the reply, as like you said, I was only watching what was in front of me, why should I care what's behind me, that's the drivers behind me job, all I knew was I was all of a sudden facing in the wrong direction and seeing a nice barrier coming towards me and playing in the kitty litter HA HA, shit happens, its racing, after that for me, it was a very lonely race, I was hoping to catch up with somebody with pitting, but hay ho....

I had some serious stutter's for the first 5 laps with cars in front, which is why I really want to see the reply. Basically a car was there in front, then it was not, it was further up the field, then it was right next to me, then it was behind me, that confused me LOL

But all in all, great racing and really enjoyed it...but my back hasn't LOL

Fordie

luchian, cata82 and TCLF like this.
  12. TCLF

TCLF Member

Exactly, good to read that I wasn't the only one with this problem.

13. fordman

fordman Member

@TCLF thanks for upload that. I don't diss the Alfa, its a great car, but for what we want to do, there is better out there, like you said, the Nissan, and now the Ginetta G55 ( you need to try it for all your RWD power people) its awesome.

The Alfa is not a racing car, its not a car built to race in a series, its fun, but its lets play around car, that's how I see it anyway, and glad you have seen the same....if you have a racing series, you need a racing car, not a family car you take to the beach LOL

But thanks @TCLF for upload that reply

Fordie

cata82 and TCLF like this.
  14. cata82

cata82 Member

As a late comer to this season, i saw the first half starting with a Fiat 500 so i presumed that people wanted for this "first edition" slow FWD cars...but if is possible hell yeah, i too vote for changing to race cars!

P.S.: thanks for the replay dude :)

15. ihlades

ihlades Well-Known Member Staff Member

If you guys want to race other cars I'll race you from my Alfa. Kidding.

But do you remember @luchian our talk after v1.0 was released? I'm in love with the Alfa.

16. TCLF

TCLF Member

btw, I had a webber start :D

cata82 and ihlades like this.
  17. fordman

fordman Member

Another idea is, if you want to try it, the Nissan and the BMW GrpA (I think or the E30) are very evenly matched, so could try both of them?

Fordie

18. TCLF

TCLF Member

oh, I'll try this out tonight. seems interesting.

19. TCLF

TCLF Member

just tested and the group a is more than 1 second down. So this will be a no-go for me.

also it just popped in my mind again. I tested the btcc at nords (I think you already understand where I'm going at) and it can do the whole 45 mins without refueling (can do like 1H+). Maybe replace aosta or something with it? Or if too many don't want to, do it as a special event?

20. fordman

fordman Member

I was going to setup my server tonight, so it must be the E30 BMW that is good with the Nissan. There will be no password, and will be open to all.

Give me 30mins and I will have this up and running

Fordie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice