W.I.P. Lime Rock

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Pixelchaser, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

welcome back. and no hurry, your health more important.

2. acfastfab

acfastfab Member

Thanks, I will be around soon. ;)

3. Pixelchaser

excellent. ive done so much stuff since last spoke, fearful of getting the file you fixed as I just know it wont fit, but willing to do it all again as it was mainly about getting workflow down and correct.

acfastfab likes this.
  4. Pixelchaser

I believe its Relief :lol:. this huion gt221 pro is utterly fantastic. a whole different thing to the cheaper non visual style of tablets. £526.00. better than my current monitor even though it has etched glass for friction. all together much better than I thought. totally cool monitor :lol:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Tibor Solyom and Prototype like this.
  5. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

Nice one! Congrats. Enjoy it, hope to see some cool stuff you do with it.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  6. Pixelchaser

I absolutely love it. even just as a monitor. its etched glass and still putting my other 2 monitors to shame with its colour clarity :lol: and when you go to pen with photoshop etc. you can get really close and right in there proper physical hands on style. sublime ! I cant not use it. maybe not so much for the plane texturing we do in photoshop. but stuff like this I do will be much better, I rarely doo this coz its very painterly rather than technical. but I just know I could do all this better with it. just got to get the time to put into it.. it will be good for the multilayer mask system which requires a degree of art and blending for it to be real nice.
    [​IMG]

been using clip art studio since I got the thing, cant believe I dismissed that program, it does 3d reference and generally its so much more powerful than photoshop on a pixel art basis.:eek:

my first test. here im blown away. no idea I could do this straight of the bat :lol: , whilst I need loads of practice. this was exactly what I wanted to try pull from it which is scary.... the painterly style. very chuffed for first hour or so using it. I painted this from my head, i think if I tried proper still life it would be pretty good outcome. sorry its not race track related.
    1_apple_2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Les Neilson likes this.
  7. Pixelchaser

and another new toy for the design journeys. :lol: canon m50, always wanted a relatively decent cam with functionality and this is the perfect size. fits in 1 hand while giving lots of func`. ordered a speed booster also to make it full frame.
    cm50.jpg

Tibor Solyom likes this.
  8. Prototype

Pixelchaser likes this.
  9. Pixelchaser

nice. I have found so much great stuff lately on drawing just even on you tube, getting the camera has side tracked me somewhat too. trying to find something to consider between all of them for a project, an example of painting, photography and /time lapse and photo manipulation. but yeah ive opened so many doors ill need a book case to store what I could do with for reading.

my first considered attempt at portrait photograph of my...……….. pet black panther? :lol:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Tibor Solyom, Les Neilson and luchian like this.
  10. Prototype

Thats a real beauty! Had dogs my whole life, and then one day this little furry bastard arrives on my doorstep. Scars all over. Filthy. Wild as hell. 5 years later. Part of the family. Amazing animals.

Tibor Solyom and Pixelchaser like this.
  11. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Pix, do you need a separate hobby thread ? :D

12. Pixelchaser

possibly ! :lol:

i think this might be the last i ever see of this track. its become something it shouldn't have. and i believe iam wasting my time on it. I just don't like it for many reasons now. but here is what i flung together today. /not inspired. i cant even be arsed to change the shaders :lol:. enough is enough i think. i fail hopefully as a prelude to some success.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

barf, Prototype and Tibor Solyom like this.
  13. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

That’s too bad, But yeah, if your heart isn’t in it, time to move on!

Enjoy your new hobby!

Is Fab going to complete it, or is the project shelved?

14. Pixelchaser

well considering hes not spoken since dec 19th last year. I think any normal person may see it as rude to attempt to do so...… especially after I put in all the extra work to complete my side of the content to get zero feedback or interest. anyway I have literally no idea whats happened other than this type of shit depresses me and I cant afford that so I better not afford it.

I am not stopping making tracks but this track can GTF ! but I wont bore anyone with anything else unless its worthy of … whatever makes it worthy. I actually fancy just making content for others to use, maybe even paid content. texture packs, tree packs for all software etc stock photography even.. id rather be just a texture guy, id rather be in a team of people doing the best stuff possible graphically and having time to concentrate on what im best at.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  15. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Not my business per se, but he did reply here :). You know how it is in life Pix, a lot of stuff can happen so other priorities might get in front. This is just a hobby for the most part. Anyway I don't wish to insinuate anything, just saying that everybody knows best their own problems.

Aside from this, it's sad to see this project die but it's maybe the good decision. Instead of reliving the frustration every time you go back on it, better move on. Hopefully, somebody will start one and we get to finally run on LRP in AC.

Good luck with the new hobbies/projects :).

Prototype likes this.
  16. Pixelchaser

:lol: its just so old in my eyes now. 2 years old is too long. I may just need to complete something else in the meantime and come back to it.

if & when fabz comes back ill get on board again im sure. part of the problem is working alone predominantly.

17. Prototype

... Yeah you got to pick your battles ...

Doing a track is a LOT of work, as I'm discovering ... Holy crap.
    I must say though, that last set of pics you posted DO look good !

I must agree with @luchian > "This is just a hobby for the most part".

I speak for myself when I say - its so easy to get sucked into something that it starts becoming too serious, and the whole reason for starting to do it in the first place - to get enjoyment out of it and for it to be fun, is lost.
    When this happens, I guess its always a good time to step back and re-assess. Re-prioritize.

Watching curiously as to what you do next :)

Tibor Solyom, luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  18. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

It was interesting seeing different approaches used on this track, like the 3d grass :)

Maybe now that the project is retired, @Pixelchaser will share the recipe? A wireframe of the miracle object?

19. Pixelchaser

I make a tight grid of north to south splines and east to west splines. a grid of grass walls.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  20. Pixelchaser

looks amazing at night though :lol::lol::lol:
    Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs_lime_rock_2-3-119-12-48-1.jpg

actually maybe perseverance is in order with this sol mod. things in general just look better I think. it iant so bad, im just burnt out on it .
    Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs_lime_rock_2-3-119-12-41-56.jpg

: Lime Rock, Track
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice