W.I.P. Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières road layout

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by NiTZHD, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

Lol, I have no secret process...just a lot of trial and error, and patience. This was my first AO attempt..I broke the unwrap down into sections and did an AO bake in Blender. I'm getting better about planning out my atlases, but it's still a learning process. I've done a few more AOs on the Boulevard des Forges houses/businesses...I did an attempt on the Piscine to see how it looked (may still use it), and will likely upgrade the old house at the Duplessis corner and a couple other buildings with an AO. Others may be trickier...

maruto likes this.
  2. maruto

maruto Active Member

I really need to learn that, the way i model things is completely the opposite, i gather images on a photoshop canvas, import that into rhino and wrap it around mesh part by parts, then duplicate them and mess around with them to be kinda unique and then join them all together before the fbx export.

the way i understand would be to model first, unwrap it and then texture the unwrap map in phototshop...

it seems easier too, my way is a pain in the .

3. Gunnar333

Gunnar333 Well-Known Member

My way is: Model first - and also do base texturing (for getting right positions for windows, etc...)
    When this all looks good to you. You can start baking the texture with unwrapping, and so on.
    You can bake your diffuse map and your AO map and adjust and combine them in Photoshop.

luchian and maruto like this.
  4. maruto

maruto Active Member

I tried it your way, modeled a small canopy, unwrapped ( had to figure out how to put the seams correctly), and then use the UW map to photoshop it, This is so way much easier.

86.jpg

Now i have to figure out how to bake AO in rhino.

Thanks for the tip.

85.jpg

luchian, Brandydo and Gunnar333 like this.
  5. Leonardo Ratafia

Leonardo Ratafia Member

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    maruto likes this.
  6. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

I'd say the second one...it has more of that bright August day feel to it. Reminiscent of when I watched the races back in the early 00s. Bit of a wall kiss there too, eh ;)

maruto likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice