W.I.P. Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières road layout

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by NiTZHD, Jun 5, 2020.

1. maruto

maruto Active Member

And thanks a lot for all your nice comments and interest in the track, we are really happy the track is out and that people seems to enjoy it a lot. I personnaly won't be able to try or work on it until september, as i'm in canada right now, with no driving gears and no intent to work on it ;)

So i propose that you could post the new AI files and solutions to problems you encountered in the discussion thread in RD so that interested people can have a go at it now, i saw some talked and asked about it too... There's also a really good driver, Jeff Collins who raced the virtual GP3R and is really fast, also worked on some AI and sidelines files to correct the one we had until now, i told him to post it here or on RD's disscusion thread also. We'll included the best fix in the next update but it won't be soon ;)

as for the pit problem, it's my fault, when i splitted visual and physical mesh i forgot about the 1PIT convention naming, it worked before, but i forgot... i'll fix it as soon as i can ;)

oh and @John Harding , don't feel as an intruder, i consider everyone who want's to help and make things better a friend rather than an ennemy ;)

Thanks again everyone.

Martin

2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

Some people do indeed put in a note that any commercial use is forbidden, its your mod, you make the rules :)
    Like PeterBoese did for Sol (and before for Good&BadWeather mod).
    Edit: cant find that note on the links above anymore, but just do it...

maruto likes this.
  3. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

It's been a few months, so I figured I'd share a few images of how work towards 1.0 is progressing (that is - slowly but surely)...

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_gp3r_trois_rivieres_12-10-122-0-22-23.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_gp3r_trois_rivieres_12-10-122-0-21-22.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_gp3r_trois_rivieres_12-10-122-1-6-9.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_gp3r_trois_rivieres_12-10-122-1-1-44.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    luchian, Frizbe, RJL and 7 others like this.
  4. Patrice COte

Patrice COte Active Member

Fantastic! I really appreciate you include the old pictures on the concrete wall that are there for real. Must have been a pain to get them right. That last picture (and the others too) is as good as it gets.

5. Highbury

Highbury New Member

Hello, I haven't look into this thread for months (I haven't had much time for sim racing), but I wanted to say the latest pictures look fantastic and I am looking forward to the next version.

This is already one of my go-to tracks. Love it!

6. Patrice COte

Patrice COte Active Member

7. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

Thanks for pointing that out! I'm actually back in 3R for the race weekend again so I'm unsure if there is any part of the track or if it's just an AI update because it looks to be a rather small size.

Good things are coming... ;)

8. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

To anyone who is at the track this weekend, you can preview the latest update before its' release at the Miso O Jeu tent in the paddock near the Arena, in conjunction with Advanced Simracing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  9. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

We're finally ready to release a close-to-finished-but-not-quite-there yet v0.95!

@maruto and I present the latest version, worked on over the last year. Updates include:
    - update to reflect atmosphere of the 2022 race weekend including new models and textures
    - new AI by Jeff Collins
    - pitlane is now defined, engaging pit speed limiter
    - updates to walls including the addition of catch fencing, some new textures and escape areas
    - new seamless tarmac textures based off actual road
    - further terrain revisions

Possible future updates will include a bit more work on background objects for added depth (including the houses off Rue Lajoie), optimization, CSP stuff, a few "easter eggs". I don't foresee any update before December, so enjoy this in the meantime :)

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gp3r-trois-rivières.53159/

Ryno917, luchian and Gilles benoit like this.
  10. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

YES!

Ryno917, maruto and Brandydo like this.
  11. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations guys, everybody that got involved. Looking at how this project started and where it ended up, this thread is one of the very inspirational ones here on the forum. These are always nice to read and they give the "itch" to mod as well.

Judging by the screenshots only (atm), texture work seems excellent as well. Great work.:nerd:

12. Martin Dupuis

Martin Dupuis New Member

Have you seen the review from Simracing604 ?

Very positive review :)

Good work everybody.
    I haven't been around for the final phases, life happens :whistle:. But nonetheless, I will certainly try it and see what Jeff did with the AI ;).

maruto likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice