W.I.P. Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières road layout

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by NiTZHD, Jun 5, 2020.

1. maruto

maruto Active Member

Thanks @Gunnar333

so it might be the fact that i changed parts of the road mesh also, i did some cleaning and gap fill along the kerbs to reduce faces and have a cleaner interface with them.... the original mesh is supposed to be the same, but maybe it changed something when i joined the borders to the original road mesh.

tarmac junction.png

I'll try your trick tonight in kseditor.

concerning flags, i used a script to generate unique object for each flags, changing the inclinaison and the folding, quite happy with the result, with the ksflag shader the move slightly so it's not completely static. I didn't know CSP had an option for dynamic flags, I just looked for information on the github, but found nothing, is there litterature about it somewhere? I remember yours on Sachsenring behave much better than mine, but i did not dig too much about how you did it... ;)

(edit) found it! it was you again, thanks.

grasshopper flags.png grasshopper flags3.png grasshopper flags2.png

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    Gunnar333 likes this.
  2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Yeah, the AI is finicky when there are changes to physical road meshes.

You can adjust vertices to an extent, but adding or reducing detail (number of tris) will most likely cause it to crash

3. Gunnar333

Gunnar333 Well-Known Member

in Sachsenring I made the flags only with a single sided mesh that uses a shader replacement that makes the material double sided.
    Code:
    CULL_MODE = DOUBLESIDED
    But I also made the backside mesh of the flags in case anyone uses the track with Vanilla AC. This backside mesh is then again hidden in ext_config.
    That works best for me.

Take a look at the ext_config.ini for Sachsenring. Lines: 316ff

4. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

The only issue with the double sided cull mode is that shadows arent cast and I also think it doesnt get affected by car headlights. But yeah, its nice to have!

5. Gunnar333

Gunnar333 Well-Known Member

But shadows should cast when setting
    Code:
    DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

6. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Oh shoot, forgot about that

7. maruto

maruto Active Member

thanks guys, The trick with the AI line worked and i could open and save the fastlane.ai file in kseditor and it repaired it. As good as new.

But still have trouble with thoses dynamic flags... i modeled them with two sides, and then joined them all together into a single mesh. The vanilla ksflags shader works fine, they move slightly individually. when i add the dynamic CSP code, no difference, they move the same way so i guessed flags needs to be individual meshes.

upload_2022-4-12_10-52-54.png
    (shown here the mesh with 12 subdivisions, i moved one side to show the green backside on the inside)

So i splitted again the meshes, but i kept them to be doublesided:

upload_2022-4-12_10-59-59.png

some of them goes crazy and some of them moves like the ksflag shader of before... ???

next step is to try Gunnar's solution to explode them, rename the backsides, hide them into the config and make the normalsided doublesided in the config.

I feel i did it all reverse. ;)

anyway, not that important.

The beta pre-release is ready for a EGT TCR race on Friday, and will be distributed only to the racers. But we could gladly have some track creator pointing out everything the tracks need to be corrected before the official release on RD. Who want's to do be a testdriver? @Gunnar333 @John Harding @Leonardo Ratafia @Johnr777 ?
    Please PM me, i don't want the GTP leak fiasco of last time again...

Thanks again

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    Leonardo Ratafia and RJL like this.
  8. RJL

RJL New Member

Looking forward to the RD release when it comes.
    Another HQ, unique Canadian circuit recreation - love it.

9. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

We've endeavoured to make it feel very Canadian ;)

RJL likes this.
  10. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

I'm also releasing more Canadian content in the very near future, :lol:

But this will definitely make mine non-existent, and not a single problem with that :D

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  11. maruto

maruto Active Member

Not sure a JohnR release will ever be considered non-existent.
    But you sure make it mysterious... what canadian content? WHERE LINK?

12. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Its a paid / commissioned build of Mosport DDT, the smaller track adjacent to the grand prix track. Im just sorting out the last payment owed and will release to public since thats what they wanted :)

13. RJL

RJL New Member

The Driver Development Track? Wow. Nice. Congrats on being commissioned to do that for them.
    We all benefit from your talents John.

14. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

Not really 100% sure how and why CSP tesselation shader for flags work, but yes, one mesh with two sides you need, the second side exactly mirrored, including uv. You might experiment with uv, its meant to go from left uv border (0%) to the right (100%), thats what csp tries to animate, left part not moving, and to the right increasingly more moving; it might have to do with uv welding or something.

15. Gilles benoit

Gilles benoit New Member

Bonjour,

Lots of great work done here ! :)

I'm quite happy about all this development for Trois-Rivières !

So I have been looking for small rF2 modeling projects for a few days (last big one is the rF2 F3 mod with Marco Rotondi) and tought ok it's time to redo TR for rF2 with all the new modeling techniques and data. So my search brings me here !

Maruto, maybe I can help with detailing or other things ? Totally new to AC but I do have a few old-timer modeler tricks ! :)

Cheers !
    Gilles

luchian and maruto like this.
  16. maruto

maruto Active Member

hey hey hey, look who's here ;) so glad you finally showed up, welcome!

Do you have an up and running AC installed? with Content manager and Sol installed too? If so I'll send you the track and you can enjoy the new version... then we can figure out together what could be done to finalize it, and how you can bring it to RF2...

to see the last update in action, here's the footage of the EGT's TCR challenge final race last Friday :

Really happy to hear from you,

Martin

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    luchian and Gilles benoit like this.
  17. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

Welcome! Your rFactor version of 3R has long been an inspiration with its level of detail and sense of immersion. I'd love to have your feedback on the most recent WIP.

I haven't any screenshots in a bit, so here's a couple. Duplessis has a new AO bake, and the front straight buildings are complete. The race atmosphere is starting to take form. (The last 3 shots are curiosity of EGT Canada).

Screenshot_ligier_js3_s5000_gp3r_trois_rivieres_10-3-122-0-53-43.jpg Screenshot_ligier_js3_s5000_gp3r_trois_rivieres_1-3-122-23-48-6.jpg 278320253_519241022977290_5928164204609316376_n.jpg 278446076_519241149643944_6883182683555605311_n.jpg 278548695_519240676310658_622041726550401529_n.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    Ternal, luchian, maruto and 1 other person like this.
  18. Gilles benoit

Gilles benoit New Member

Every think looks beautiful ! It's an art project ! Bravo ! Lots of work involved.

Yes AC is installed (not Content manager and Sol). I will do that now.

As for exporting to rF2 it isn't a priority for me. I'm a little bit tired of shaders, lightings, tools changes....

I would be glad to help the team in any way I can.

I like to model detailed objects (or surroundings) for this sim to be as real as possible.

I have a good graphic card (RTX3080), latest tools and can bake (lights AO, shadows) textures quite fast.

Cheers !
    Gilles

maruto likes this.
  19. NiTZHD

NiTZHD New Member

Hi @Gilles benoit, happy to see you there (it's Pascal from the GP3R Virtuel)! for @maruto and the other folks here, as the original post of this thread told, Gilles was the creator of the first rFactor Trois-Rivières mods from +/-2004 and that was supposed to became a convertion to Assetto Corsa and became a whole new projet with Maruto and all of you!

luchian and Gilles benoit like this.
  20. maruto

maruto Active Member

Rain is coming to Trois-Rivières....

upload_2022-4-27_12-10-0.png

thanks to @Francislej for rainfx implentation, night adjustments and the following photos:

Screenshot_tcr_audi_rs3_lms_2021_gp3r_trois_rivieres_25-3-122-21-59-32.jpg Screenshot_tcr_audi_rs3_lms_2021_gp3r_trois_rivieres_25-3-122-22-1-32.jpg Screenshot_tcr_audi_rs3_lms_2021_gp3r_trois_rivieres_25-3-122-21-54-28.jpg Screenshot_tcr_audi_rs3_lms_2021_gp3r_trois_rivieres_22-3-122-23-20-41.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice