W.I.P. Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières road layout

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by NiTZHD, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

JrC likes this.
  2. maruto

maruto Active Member

Yeah i saw that, pretty neat. I'll try to learn how to do it too, Rhino does not animate stuff, but it has a pluggin called Bongo who does, and it has a month free trial.

Meanwhile uptown, the dj ...

Screenshot_ks_formula_800_gp3r_trois_rivieres_31-9-121-16-19-2.png Screenshot_ks_formula_800_gp3r_trois_rivieres_31-9-121-16-17-37.png Screenshot_ks_formula_800_gp3r_trois_rivieres_31-9-121-16-17-15.png Screenshot_ks_formula_800_gp3r_trois_rivieres_31-9-121-16-16-44.png Screenshot_ks_formula_800_gp3r_trois_rivieres_31-9-121-16-16-28.png Screenshot_ks_formula_800_gp3r_trois_rivieres_31-9-121-16-15-49.png

Attached Files:

JrC, Tibor Solyom, Brandydo and 3 others like this.
  3. maruto

maruto Active Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  4. NiTZHD

NiTZHD New Member

Martin Dupuis likes this.
  5. Martin Dupuis

Martin Dupuis New Member

Indeed !

Ho Ho Ho ! A Merry Christmas to all.

6. Martin Dupuis

Martin Dupuis New Member

I just did a few practice laps with 32 MX-5s.
    What a nice progression since last update.
    I really felt like I was there.

Good work to everyone who has contributed to this day :)

7. LeGuyTremblay

LeGuyTremblay New Member

Thanks for the gift! How don't know how many days you spent on this. The track is a lot more fluid.

8. JrC

JrC Active Member

9. Atticus

Atticus New Member

Great track, guys!

I was doing some laps today, and noticed that I always seem to get a "you lap is invalidated" message when going through the arc at Porte Duplessis - I don't know if it's just me.

I know this is just v0.4, so understandable - but if this is a track issue, then can this be fixed in the next update?

10. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

I haven't experienced this, or heard from others so far regarding this but we'll look into it for a future update. The arch was repositioned slightly to more accurately reflect it for this update so it could possibly be that.

Atticus likes this.
  11. Atticus

Atticus New Member

Thank you - please let me know if it doesn't happen for you, meaning it's an issue on my side. (Because in that case I need to look at what might have gone wrong here.)

Thanks again - and happy New Year! ^^

12. John Harding

John Harding Active Member

Amazing detail everywhere, I'm particularly fond of the manhole cover (centre image) for some reason and the rear side of the house (third image) that is incredibly detailed but never seen. I know not really for these GT3 cars, but having great fun racing around here all the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

maruto likes this.
  13. Atticus

Atticus New Member

Correction - It's only in RSR where my laps are getting invalidated under the Porte Duplessis arch. The vanilla AC track cut system works fine.

(Probably the reason why the RSR leaderboards for this track are still empty.)

14. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

The RSR system needs an overhaul. Unfortunately us track makers keep getting hammered when people think we need to comply with these leaderboard systems.

@Brandydo , from experience, if a car drives over any surface with a DIRT value in surfaces.ini, RSR thinks its off track.

Atticus likes this.
  15. Atticus

Atticus New Member

Ah, sorry, I didn't know those limitations in RSR.

Your surfaces.ini fix suggestions works perfectly - I tried decreasing DIRT_ADDITIVE from 0.1 to 0 for CONCRETE and CARPET surfaces (every other surface is either 0 or 1) and my laptime did register on RSR.

Thank you, John.

(Not yet sure exactly which surface was causing the issue - I guess it was CONCRETE as CARPET has an extraturf wav file to it that I don't hear under the arch.)

EDIT: Yep, it was the CONCRETE one. Changed CARPET back to 0.1.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Johnr777 likes this.
  16. Brandydo

Brandydo Member

Thanks for the insight, John. I'll work with Martin to get this adjusted for the next update.

Johnr777 likes this.
  17. Stephane Gagne

Stephane Gagne New Member

Hi Guys !

amazing work so far. I'm a photographer and I was at the 2021 gp3r. I'll be happy to help with pictures around the track if needed. (grandstands, pits....) I've got some albums on my facebook page at facebook.com/sgagnephoto feelfree to use them as reference. an hit me up if you need something particular

:nerd:

Patrice COte, luchian and maruto like this.
  18. maruto

maruto Active Member

102.png 103 - Stade.png

JrC likes this.
  19. Gunnar333

Gunnar333 Well-Known Member

Looking good!
    Maybe it would be better to use transparent texture planes for the scaffolding bars to reduce the amount of object vertexes?
    At least for LOD B.

20. maruto

maruto Active Member

exactly. i was thinking of modeling the scaffoldings with as much details as possible, then make some frontal rendering of one section ( side, back) and then use those render to create textures with alpha channel applied on single face mesh ( double side actually). might do that with the side guard also.

but first model it, understand how it is build, then simplify and optimize it...

upload_2022-2-2_10-33-26.png

upload_2022-2-2_10-34-19.png

but the structure is really visible from depailler corner, it needs to be nice.

upload_2022-2-2_10-46-29.png

i'll experiment on crowd placement also. It would be weird to have those stands empty on raceday. I saw some people trying to improve crowd rendering in AC, Frank25, juanabolche, in race departement. Crowds in ac have never been so convincing and sometimes rather ugly. i prefer empty, but there must be a way to make something nice.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice