Featured TUTORIAL Build your FIRST track - BASIC GUIDE

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by luchian, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Dinix

Dinix New Member

Well, you'll forgive me, but ... where I can find this fixation for all cars? or nonexistent. In the video tutorial for example. not these examples (Practice, Hotlap, Race) or not and I seen, and supposedly works, but hey mirare all forms of them appear.

Thank you.

2. Ghostnasty1

Ghostnasty1 New Member

So far for me , theres only one car that crahes the game for me and thats the stock looking 240sx hatch, everything else works and with the new sound fix mod for the sfx folder all my car mods sound works with latest update.

3. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

When I say Practice/Hotlap/Race mode, I am referring to the game mode you launch when you try to test your track. According to the objects you have defined, this could influence behavior :)

AC_START_0 => used in Race mode.
    AC_PIT_0 => used in Practice and Qualification mode
    AC_HOTLAP_START_0 => used in Hotlap mode.

About sound, what @Ghostnasty1 said; it's a temporary fix until the original author updates his/her work.

4. Dinix

Dinix New Member

Sorry Luchian, but did not understand your answer on the issue of how to start, to run on my track, via Google translations are a bit strange :(. It does not work in any of the ways to start (Practice, Hotlap, Race ).

5. Dinix

Dinix New Member

Hello Luchian. The AC_START_0,1 and 2 AC_HOTLAP_0 is not mandatory to include these figures in the KN5 ?.
    Another thing, how I can get the necessary code, surfaces, overlays, maps, groove, crew.INI ?. I imagine that you seem absurd to these questions, but the only thing I defend myself a bit, is in 3D modeling. And if we include Google translation already completely lost.
    Another thing, if I upgrade or modify some of my track FBX, and exported to Kn5 via ksEditor, I mean in theme textures and modeling.;)

6. luchian

:D. OK, let's take it one by one.

1/ objects numbering starts from 0, not 1. (AC_START_0, AC_PIT_0, ...). This is important.
    AC_HOTLAP_0 is probably not mandatory to run basic track, but in the end it's just a matter of copy/paste.

2/ there are many *.ini files you can customize under \yourtrack\data folder. These will influence the looks or the behavior of your track.

surfaces.ini

Copy one block of instructions and customize it to fit your needs.
    Start with index 0 - like [surface_0], then [surface_1] and so on
    Key - this is the name you'll have to use for your mesh. Pay attention to it, cause sometimes the AC engine will get confused if it looks like something else :).

crew.ini

Sets the position of your pit dude
    Parameters: to left (1) or right (-1)

groove.ini
    The groove is used to actually give the track some "life", being dynamic with the advancement of the race. However, if you would like to affect the way it behaves, you can do so by adjusting the parameters inside the groove.ini.
    Parameters: There is a min value, a max value, and a stepping. Play with these and I'm sure you'll get what you are looking for. I would suggest not to cancel it all together, but maybe just to start with a higher min value :).

3/ you can happily modify the FBX inside SDK editor, no matter what texture you have set inside 3d program. You can reassign all of them here.

4/ texture folder must always be named "texture", not something else, if you want the SDK editor to use it automatically. Otherwise, you'll need to reassign all textures manually. Also, don't forget to "save persistence" after you make changes.

5/ name of the folder MUST be identical to name of the track (also do NOT use capital letters)

6/ scale => meters.

Have fun :).

Dinix likes this.
  7. Dinix

Dinix New Member

For luchian, you've been me great help, I finally was able to see my little circuit in AC I have reissued some things within the FBX and very good all OK, if I have any problems or doubt more, and I ask you, if not much nuisance.
    Thank you very much. regards

8. Dinix

Dinix New Member

I can not get my car to be positioned correctly on the track and created, just out in a position of 45 ° to the right of the starting position.
    The Y axis is you turn the Z, forward, this is how I have them placed, as you you describe in the tutorials, but at a and so do not go well, it's more the wheels of the carts, left front and rear right go well positioned, but the rest of the car does not change position, I have tried several different cars, and all is the same. I have modified the axes in 3D Max with Affect pivot only, and center to object. A may be due to? I do wrong?

Thank you.

Problem solved, it was the overall position of the entire circuit.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. Now the other race cars do not start IA'll continue investigating :(

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    luchian likes this.
  9. luchian

What do you mean ? That the AI remains static ?
    If so, have you recorded the fast_lane.ai ? (I have a video tutorial about that but can't upload it before weekend as I'm not at home).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

10. Dinix

Dinix New Member

Good to see ... finally I could make Karts are in place, (it cost me :) ), now the problem is that when they start catching a career that has nothing to do with my track. So e have seen in various forums, the problem arises in the "AI" because I have made clear to him the other circuit, so that mess.
    The problem is not how to create the corresponding AI within the kseditor is the option to import, but of course if you have not created in advance, can not import anything and the option to edit I have no idea how to make it serve.

11. luchian

12. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

When working in the editor you will see the default scene is nothing like what your track looks like in Assetto Corsa. and I have a tip.

Swap your chosen Weather.ini and Colourcurves.ini file located here.. I have chosen the clear setting for this example.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\weather\3_clear

and send these to replace the default files the editor uses.

located @: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Assetto Corsa Editor\system\cfg

then when you open your editor it will look like it does in Ac.

MacArnu and luchian like this.
  13. luchian

Heeey ! That's a NICE tip !

Pixelchaser likes this.
  14. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

still need to set fog details on top of that though.

15. slidingwithstyle

slidingwithstyle New Member

Hi guys, I'm really happy to see this tutorial here.
    I plan to create the city I live in in Assetto Corsa. :)
    Since this is my first approach on 3d modeling whatsoever I thought it would be a good idea to keep it very simple.
    I created a circuit through my city in Blender (only textured 1ROAD plane) basically hovering :D
    I exported it in Blender (Z forward, Y up), imported it into the ksEditor Public, in which it looks alright.
    Then I exported it to .kn5 and put it into .../content/tracks/untitled/untitled.kn5 (just a placeholder name)

Now comes the big BUT:
    When I fire up AC and select my track (practice) and start, it crashes. I get the loading screen (the one before "loading track untitled") followed by "AC.exe doesn't work anymore, go screw yourself"-popup :D
    I'll attach some ( :ROFLMAO: ) screens. :)

I bet it's obvious but I don't see the mistake :banghead:

2015-05-25_00001.jpg Troubleshoot_blender.PNG Troubleshoot_blender2.PNG Troubleshoot_blender3.PNG Troubleshoot_blender4.PNG Troubleshoot_filesystem.PNG Troubleshoot_ksEditor.PNG Troubleshoot_ksEditor2.PNG

Pixelchaser likes this.
  16. luchian

Hi there, welcome :)
    Please attach some logs. It's the first step towards healing :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

slidingwithstyle likes this.
  17. slidingwithstyle

There you go. :)

I have found the CRASH section but I don't really know what that means o_O

By the way, this is a fresh log, moved the previous one to get a clean result (don't know if necessary but did it anyway :p )
    Code:
    CRASH in:

OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
    d:\dev\devkn5\systemapps\formhdr.cpp (57): FormHDR::FormHDR
    d:\dev\devkn5\acs\sim.cpp (355): Sim::Sim
    d:\dev\devkn5\acs\splashscreen.cpp (261): SplashScreen::postRender
    d:\dev\devkn5\ksgame\game.cpp (327): Game::postRender
    d:\dev\devkn5\ksgame\game.cpp (330): Game::postRender
    d:\dev\devkn5\ksgame\game.cpp (176): Game::eek:nIdle
    d:\dev\devkn5\ksgame\game.cpp (225): Game::run
    d:\dev\devkn5\acs\acs.cpp (333): wWinMain
    f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
    ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 76C47C04)
    76C47C04 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
    ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 77DDAD1F)
    77DDAD1F (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 77DDACEA)
    77DDACEA (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      127.9 KB
      Views:
    luchian and driftfreak1212 like this.
  18. driftfreak1212

driftfreak1212 New Member

So when the Assetto Corsa is to take over then you have to believe in yourself because that has data with which to make use of game somehow problems

19. luchian

1st guess: did you start naming yout spawn point from 0 ? (AC_PIT_0)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

slidingwithstyle likes this.
  20. slidingwithstyle

:whistle::ninja:
    Alright so I spent hours reskinning and repositioning the spawn points, searching the internet.. when all I had to do was change AC_PIT_1 to 0... deleted AC_PIT_0 before because I wanted only 1 pit..:nerd:
    THANK YOU so much :D

Screenshot_abarth500_untitled_25-5-115-17-42-25.jpg

luchian and driftfreak1212 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice