W.I.P. Lime Rock

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Pixelchaser, Feb 22, 2017.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Active Member

With an edge shadow it looks complete. Very nice white line too.

Now the only question is if it looks that good everytime, and all time, and from everywhere. Also how much of detail it consumes.

But in that shot it looks perfect to me.

2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

thanks mantas. i can cover every square inch of ground at no extra cost. its a lot of work though but its time saved elsewhere too. and i guarantee it works like anything else in the game shader wise. can be even better than pcars grass, and shadowing works which is.. why you see it :lol:. that doesn't work on traditional grass blades

3. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

@Pixelchaser I'm also interested in this. I am referring to the texture only. But I like the general look.

To be totally fair though, I've never looked at Kunos grass this close either, so it might be just as blurry, idk :lol:

4. Pixelchaser

texture is the same as ive always been using, and none of you got a clue what you are on about, look at that image, the only blurry part about it is how poor the road texture looks now the grass has completely upstaged it in terms of detail and the level there of. :lol:. I'm making leaps and bounds here literally about to change how anyone makes grass coverage and all you can come up with is its blurry.... :lol:.

Theres a specsavers TV advert in here somewhere.

5. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Right. I'll come back when we'll be discussing facts again.

..and no, there's no adverts on ACM.

Jebus likes this.
  6. Pixelchaser

it was a joke. geez. you cant see how the grass just made the road texture look super low res ?

7. Pixelchaser

heres some facts for you about when grass becomes blurry or not.

coz yeah i did build into the process through altering the alpha tranmsission scalars on this subject! so blurry is well yeah its part of the process.

[​IMG]

8. r@m

r@m Active Member

Pixellation caused by scaling on the blades is very apparent, if you posted screen grabs from multiple angles at a decent resolution without tree shadows covering the effect It would be much clearer.

9. Pixelchaser

it needs balanced with track side cameras too. and for that I'm keeping it as it is. and also because other things are dependant on it. because of how I manage it.
    this is a track side camera. and no I wont show you how, can keep speculating ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  10. r@m

r@m Active Member

I'm not speculating, I'm pointing out the "effect" is blurry, smudged and pixelated, the scale of the near grass blades looks too big.

...and all covered with tree shadows.

Like I said, I could see better if you posted a decent sized clean screenshot.

11. Pixelchaser

the texture is pixelated and can easily be changed later.

this will be next the physical effect produced with this new form of grass. the reason ive went for 3cm size grass is for this effect. which will be produced by the light in game. my grass is two things, its not just grass but it literally is the ground re defined.
    LawnStripe_2.jpg

12. r@m

r@m Active Member

You're beginning to sound like Ian Bell...sure hope you can deliver ;)

13. Pixelchaser

Ian Bell gets to stage 3 and fails miserably.

The first stage is ridicule.
    The second stage is opposition.
    The third stage is self-evident.

I wouldn't be doing this without it being self evident. stage 3 is hypothetically why you dislike pcars2. because its self evident that it doesn't live up to its hype. but I'm genuine. I can promise you that. but ive`ve no time for nonsense anymore. I'm just getting stuck in to what I know and love. what stage are you at ? because I'm well beyond stage 3.

14. r@m

r@m Active Member

Dude...it's 3D grass in a computer game, this doesn't shortlist you for the next Nobel Peace Prize, lighten the **** up.

Joshua Widder and Jebus like this.
  15. Pixelchaser

lighten up, you refer to me as Ian Bell. a blatant lier and i should chill out ! but no no you are right its no biggy. . but for me, I`ve never seen it done as such anywhere before. maybe the closest thing to it is fifa games grass, ive no idea. but that's how good it is.... for a racing game covering 100000 m² at the same expense as the scatter method. and its not just grass. its a whole new way of doing vegetation in general including trees and the reduction in polygons for the substitute of what would be 2d (y) shaped trees is exponential. so you can quantify it in any way you want. all you want, but what I have done is incredible. so I take pride in that. that's all. of course its a secret. I'm not being payed by you or anyone else for my efforts. my knowledge. my art, any of it. and given whats happened lately whilst surrounding myself with a vicious form of what I thought could have been normal friendship. yeah ill keep this close to my chest. unless theres a law that says something else... I duno. let me know. I'm just here to do the best I can with this. in the face of any nay sayers, which clearly I am,

be them here of over there. ill continue to prove myself when poken with any stick that's got Ian Bells name on it :lol:, if that is what its about of course. I don't know, you said it. and given its only text here I can only take it literally.

16. r@m

r@m Active Member

So far all you've shown are a few heavily edited and "posed" stills and a shit load of rhetoric that makes little sense.

Put up or shut up.

17. Pixelchaser

I'm kind of free to post wip`s of my track unless I'm breaking some rules of the forum. and considering its all wip. get off my stupidly beautiful lawn ! :)

18. r@m

r@m Active Member

And I'm free to respond, that's how forums work. ;)

It's pointless trying to engage you in a sensible conversation as your entire delivery of this "method" is clearly intended to goad...not inform.

I hope for your sake it's as good as you say it is, but right now all I see is pixelation and blurring.

Look forward to a video of you driving around your track with this new effect for all to see, an on-board lap and all track cams lap should suffice and silence the "nay sayers". ;)

...maybe even a free cam as well showing how good it looks from all angles,

...DOF free if you can manage it ;)

19. Pixelchaser

all will be sufficiently silenced, I promise you that I can manage that. I already have video but its not ready for viewing given how wip shots are so heavily criticised, already shown track cameras, free cameras and well anything worth showing during my developments.

20. Pixelchaser

the stripes that react to light direction.
    [​IMG]

ALB123 and luchian like this.
: Lime Rock, Track
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice