SOLVED how can i make AI path?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Ghostnasty1, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Ghostnasty1

Ghostnasty1 New Member

just what the title says.i can not find any tutorials on this or detail info on this.any help will be appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Aha.. that is the question :).
    Well, you're in luck. It used to be more difficult in the days, but now it's quite simple.

First, you need to go into \STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and edit the file called assetto_corsa.ini.
    Code:
    [AC_APPS]
    ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1
    Once this is done, go into the game, onto your track, with any car.

1/ Open the in-game app (it will be visible now) named AI. It looks like this:

AI_edit.jpg

2/ When ready, press "start recording" button (the button under will change to recording)

3/ And start driving :). No need to go insanely fast, but more important is to have a nice flowing line. Whenever you complete a lap while recording, the line is updated (<< thanks to NightEye for the tip).

4/ Drive a least two laps! Save and exit whenever you think you've got a good line. Here's how:

5/ Hit ESC for the menu and click "Exit".
    (edit - if this doesnt work: Press the "recording" to stop the recording process. Press Save ai.)

Now AC can be unresponsive for some time, depending on track length. After that you should now have a "fast_lane.ai.candidate" file under YOURTRACK\ai\ folder (or YOURTRACK\layout\ai\ ).

7/ Rename the file to "fast_lane.ai".
    Also make a copy of it to "\data\ideal_line.ai" (or make a second one)
    (prefered ideal line shown in game and used for ai fuel calcs)

8/ Done - you should now have a working AI :).

Optionally, you also need to record a pit_lane.ai path. Procedure is similar, but with 2 differences:
    1/ press the "start pits", instead of the normal "start recording" used previously :)
    2/ start at the last turn before pit entry, and end it after pit exit once you've joined the racing line (the idea is to make sort of a "deviation" from the main racing line).

If all this doesnt work: check position of AC_TIME... gates and make sure you don't run over invalid track surfaces while recording.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    ABOE, giovanni pasolini, barf and 2 others like this.
  3. Ghostnasty1

Ghostnasty1 New Member

Wow thank you i will try this,the reason i want to learn this is to also understand how to do the multiple camera angles.

4. Ghostnasty1

Ghostnasty1 New Member

Srry for double post,

I am trying to figure this out so i can go ahead and see if i can make the cinematic track cameras under one set.

I do not understand,it ether does not record my line or it records the pit lane,i am hitting record do lap then hit recording to stop.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  5. Dinix

Dinix New Member

I and created the fast_lane.ai.candidate, but the option to change the file format does not appear to me stays in the candidate does not like change.:(

6. luchian

you just change the name in windows (delete "candidate" from name and leave only fast_lane.ai) :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

7. Dinix

Dinix New Member

See, is not whether it is normal, but the option to remove him from candidate not leave me
    I get so: fast_lane.ai ........... Date and time..........File CANDIDATE without giving the option to change it.

8. luchian

oh ok. you probably need to enable windows explorer to show extentions. just google "show file extention win 7" or something like that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dinix likes this.
  9. Dinix

Dinix New Member

Thanks Luchian you are my salvation, you really know :) I'll tell you.

10. Dinix

Dinix New Member

As I already thought it had solved, but I see no. It happens something rather curious, I tried my track with the Karts and all good in principle, the AI has taken well, and as I say with Karts all right, but when I try for example with Abarth, catches my attention that in those cars, one of the rear wheels, goes in a position that is not theirs, something curious with what the car is not working. A may be due to that?

11. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. New Member

The path that I have far shows no " Normalized Pos." to - it may be that the AI - recording therefore does not work? Can also put no track cameras because I have no time points

12. luchian

What kind of road/track did you record on ?
    Can you post some screenshots please ?

13. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. New Member

its a point to point track

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      142.6 KB
      Views:
  14. luchian

Is it your track ? (in the sense, did you add all the correct objects ? start, finish, timers ?)

15. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. New Member

Start, finish are defined and the timing works well - so I now wanted to do the AI and Cams and since mine is now intervened

16. luchian

Paul, I know it might seem like a dumb question, but did you do a complete run ? (from start to finish) :)
    It might look like the app is not working, but it will still record (if changing status to recording when you press the button)

17. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. New Member

yes yes the timing runs from early ( start) to destination ( end ) - Replay works - best time is also saved - which is strange , however, the time begins to run immediately when you go from the menu on the route. (There are really at PtP no proper pit - is because the starting point is too far back ? )

when I press the recording will also be recorded and the file created fast_lane.ai.candidate ( but only 1024kb )

18. luchian

If the timer start immediately, it means the start line is BEHIND your spawn point. It should be the other way around :). It doesn't matter if it's a PTP track, just place the start and pit spawn point behind the start line.

Also, with the start point being behind the start line, might also be a factor into the problem.

When I say if you run a complete course, I mean with the AI app recording. It doesn't show the figures in red, but it's recording, so give it a go.

19. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. New Member

ok , a complete recording I have not yet made - will test tomorrow everything times - now it's too late - I am in Germany ^^ - thanks first

luchian likes this.
  20. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. New Member

I have now taken two times other things done and am back at the AI - a question off the front - it is important to drive completely from start to target to create the fast_lane or you can also go for testing only 2km times ?

o ok

4/ And start driving :). No need to go insanely fast, but more important is to have a nice flowing line. Complete one lap, and stop around the same position where you've started.

,but and where should I stop ?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
: #AI path
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice