RELEASED-wip Gran Turismo - Trial Mountain

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by xXxKOKExXx, Mar 22, 2020.

1. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx Member

ohh guy... you played with my feelings... that didnt work. I created a new kn5 with those surfaces erased. I created new ai line. All went good, the whole grid was ok. Then i created a new kn5 with the bridges with physical surfaces, using the ai that run ok.

buuuut....

[​IMG]

thx for your tip, but it didnt work for me...

cheers

2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Just move the grid and pit placing objects so that they are not under the bridge....

3. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

I also see you AI line is bad. You need to make another lap. 1st lap is always a throw away. You should never see those two purple lines there under the bridge.

4. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx Member

hi, thx for your reply. I cant move any grid/pit because that is "the place". For now, what i did was erase "physical road" on first bridge ( near starting point). That perturb my plan for the easter egg, but i will do it in other way.

good tip here, i didnt know that. I will try to get a good AI line ( but i think the problem will be there anyway, i think ac engine "drop" cars from "sky" to its positions, so the first physical surface they find, the first they get)

i will try to update this evening.

thx all

5. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about the bridge spawned cars at all. Just simply the line is not correct in the shot.

6. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx Member

ohhh, i thought you meant about my bridgespawn issue. That ai line i made was simply a test ( i did the lap with keyboard driving XD ) , to can see how spawn (and barely move) the ai cars.

7. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

maybe it helps to rename the bridge-part like
    1BRIDGE_mesh
    and in "data\surfaces.ini" declare it
    [SURFACE_3]
    KEY=BRIDGE
    IS_VALIDTRACK=0

and for free-roam you make another layout were this part is declared
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1

8. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx Member

Hi guys,

finally i think its enough for a new update. ( source at RD)
    I added:

walls on whole track
    created fully functional normal/reverse/hotlap version.
    signals
    main straight structures and semaphore ( still not functional)
    crowd
    pit lore
    cars lore
    backpits zone
    tree zones
    and minor details i dont remember but i did hahaha

now, to 0.4 version i will try to do "lake zone" and to add all the trees. I think when i put the trees the track will change completly.

I will keep, in the meantime, the main bridge disabled, and the back bridge enabled ( with last "start boxes" moved apart to avoid issues). I will study this problem later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jimmy8x

Jimmy8x New Member

Just played on the track for the first time tonight, it's awesome man.

Would love to see a multiplayer server with a good lineup of GT classics like the Miata, Skyline GT-R, GT86, etc... That would be the bomb.

10. GRLap

GRLap Member

I also am struggling with "tiling" of textures, in this case a "rocks with grass" texture for a paddock area. The texture is 4k plus a normal map. The first photo is the result in KS Editor, which looks like a tiled floor. The second photo is in Blender, where the only solution I've found is the use of a "poligon uber mapping" node, which rotates the UV map islands using vector math. But this approach is lost in the .fbx transfer to KS Editor.

How do folks solve this texture tile issue in AC? A general approach for solving this ould be best, but absent that can anyone point me to a good "rocky-gravel-grass" texture for AC that won't tile?

KSE tiling.jpg

blender polligon tiling.jpg

11. fughettaboutit

This first thing works for everything, also with vanilla AC:
    Use shader "ksMultiLayer_fresnel_nm" https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/kyalami-2016.1477/page-6#post-10562
    with that you can make anything random as you like (its ... complicated though)
    upload_2021-12-7_20-59-16.png

The second thing: CustomShadersPatch also has some stuff that makes it less "checkered", per config only:
    Code:
    [SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
    DESCRIPTION = better tiling
    MATERIALS = yourmaterial, somemore?   ;;; ? = placeholder
    PROP_... = ksAlphaRef, -193
    or use this if you want to use conditions on it:
    Code:
    [MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
    DESCRIPTION = better tiling
    MATERIALS = yourmaterial, somemore?   ;;; ? = placeholder
    KEY_... = ksAlphaRef
    VALUE_... = -193
    ;;; CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH   ;;; something must be included to have this work

edit: -193 is just some magic value, accept it, dont ask where it comes from

12. GRLap

GRLap Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Unfortunately the Mosport post (about fresnel-nm) assumes the reader has far more familiarity and knowledge than I possess.
    I’ve not used custom shaders patch so I don’t understand your suggestion.
    Perhaps I’m too far out over my skis. It’s too bad because many other elements of the track are coming together nicely, but the “terrain” is an issue.

13. fughettaboutit

"assumes the reader has far more familiarity and knowledge than I possess "

No. Just dont be lazy, its not that hard.

It seems to be 6 times as hard because there are 6 textures (or 7?), but you only really need 2 or 3 to make it quite random. Just dont give up if you have loaded the first one and all you see is black or invisible.

Also note: only material-names and UV-mapping is used from the fbx-file, what you do to materials in Blender is not used by ksEditor or later in AC

14. GRLap

GRLap Member

I loaded it up using multilayer fresnel nm, but it had no effect on the tiling (see photo). I tried many different textures in "detail" slots, but all that seemingly did was change the background colour. The Tx Mask I used is blue. How do the detail slots "R" "G" and "B" work with Tx Mask? does "red" on Tx Mask allow visibility of Detail-R, etc.? So, e.g., if Tx Mask is solid-blue, does that mean Tx detailB is visible but Tx detailR and Tx detailG are not visible?

multilayer_fresnel.jpg

15. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Correct, each channel color control the associated detail texture

16. GRLap

GRLap Member

Thanks.
    What is Detail A? How is that controlled, eg like with RGB above?
    What do the “Mult R”, “Mult G”, etc. settings control?

since the mask is used to apply texture details, does that mean uv map islands must fit within the boundaries of the Tx Map? If yes, how does deal with scaling required for large areas, e.g., terrain?

Finally, this shader is not helping me eliminate the tiling; any advice?

17. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Alpha Channel = DetailA An extra color available to use.

And yes, ideally everything should fit in that txmap texture. Keeping the scale roughly the same for all uv islands.

Show pictures of the work so far, tx map, etc

18. GRLap

GRLap Member

I will post pictures when I can get to PC. Meanwhile:
    what do the “Mult” settings control in fresnel-nm?
    I’m a bit confused about constraining uv maps to an, e.g., 4096 x 4096 texture image. For example, the texture image I’m using is an image of a small piece of ground. I need to scale the uv maps in blender like 50x to get the pebbles, leaves etc., the correct size. As a result the image is inserted hundreds or thousands of times to fill the large surface area (of terrain) in question. And thus I have the tiling as the same image is repeated over and over. But I can’t fit a football field onto a postage stamp!

19. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

No, don’t think you are following this correctly.

the main diffuse and tx map should be similar to a satellite style, large texture. Then the scale of the detail maps is done in kseditor

20. GRLap

GRLap Member

What confuses me is that detail textures are often small patches of ground, a few square feet, e.g. my "stones and grass" texture above. The main "satellite" diffuse and Tx Map, on the other hand, are more like a square mile. How is "the scale of the detail maps done in kseditor?" Is this what “Mult R”, “Mult G”, etc. are for? If not, what are they for, and how are the detail textures scaled?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice