W.I.P. Gran Turismo - Trial Mountain

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by xXxKOKExXx, Mar 22, 2020.

1. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx New Member

Hi all,

Since my Deep Forest "conversion" was dumped, i prefer to change of pace and start directly to re-do the other old mesh i had: Trial Mountain ( i got saturated of deep forest).

Because this days of quarantine are been so productive, i will try to update with high frecuency my improvements on it.

Up today, i have done all the visual road in a smoothed way,its uv´s and i started to make the grass/sand/kerbs next to it. I decided to start after the main straight ( so, it will be the final step), and this morning i just finished the first polishing of the first tunnel. Obviously when i complete "the first lap", i will add more details, fixes and so on...

My idea is to create a mix of GT6 visual ( i have some youtube videos to look the enviroment appearance) , original GT1/GT2 visual ( there are some zones with high different enviroment than GT6), and my own taste of whatever i want to. For example, i made the first tunnel with different concrete areas, to force to dont use so wide driveable zones ( i think GT tracks are too wide, so i will try to limit that)

What quality it will have? with my poor skills, dont hope high quality, but i will try my best...

Sorry for my english, and... stay tunned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sean F likes this.
  2. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx New Member

Today i was doing all the fences from the "first part", and the terrain ondulations as well. Then ( but today,with HLAlyx, i doubt of it) im going to create the terrain wich is close to fences.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Much better! :)

4. Stephen Brown

Stephen Brown New Member

Great project! AC needs much better GT track conversions, so you are doing God's work here.
    One thing concerns me slightly though. You said:
    "For example, i made the first tunnel with different concrete areas, to force to dont use so wide driveable zones ( i think GT tracks are too wide, so i will try to limit that)"
    :(
    Please reconsider! The width of GT tracks is as important as the layouts themselves. It's part of their soul. GT fictional tracks are some of the best ever created and the driveable width is part of that overall design and what makes them so much fun.
    Please keep the integrity of the original design. Polyphony knew what they were doing and these tracks were honed to perfection. Wide tracks allow more overtaking opportunities and allow more creative lines. Please don't restrict that.
    Just my opinion of course, but IMO when converting tracks they should be done as faithfully as possible to the source material.

xXxKOKExXx likes this.
  5. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx New Member

Thanks for your reply!

dont worry, i will keep the original road shape, but for example inside the tunnel you had so wide concrete area that i just limited because "wider reasons"... I was searching more areas with this extrawide area and i didnt find much more apart first tunnel.

for other hand, another pic with yesterday+today improvements. Now, im doing the terrain next to road at the "first part", before tunnel.

[​IMG]

6. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx New Member

Say hi to these bad boys

[​IMG]

Stephen Brown likes this.
  7. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx New Member

Dont be afraid, im here each day of this quarantine... but im so slower at making mountains... And i was trying different asphalt_grass_sand mix textures.

[​IMG]

Tibor Solyom and Stephen Brown like this.
  8. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx New Member

Ah! Stephen, i was trying it inside game, ( i play with vr) and i can say that it isnt so wide than i thought. And i have to re-do the first kerbs... ( too tiny but tunnel are ok). And elevations are more huge than i thought! Its too fun. Sincerely, i didnt think this track would be so fun with a simulation taste.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice