Falling through terrain

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Hito, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Hito

Hito Member

When i combine multiple meshes into a single mesh in Blender and export the fbx it is generating a massive amount of Background textures and all in kspixel shader. Finished map is very bright .

How would i export the fbx model with just one background texture, that can be edited in KS editor as a single entity covering multiple meshes, getting more and more to grips with Blender

2. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

I think it's also a good habit of, try to combine the same type of thing together to reduce object amount if you are working on game maps. Also don't make it too complex cause it will easily trash your work if you have errors.

3. SKY FLIGHT

SKY FLIGHT New Member

I don't use blender but i think the idea is similar. Either you combine all the mesh, as well as also UVs, then it should be using one texture only. Or- you simply don't add texture at blender but in KS editor, but you have to make sure the UV is joined or only 1 UV map.

luchian likes this.
  4. Hito

Hito Member

Thanks for your reply

There is only one texture but 12ooo duplicate materials i need to get rid of or rename. I found a script for Blender that would rename the duplicate materials but nothing happened

The total mesh count is down from 12000plus to just over 1000, if i can get rid of the duplicate materials then the KS editor would let me change the shader for Background and that would cover all the meshes. Right now i have Background......Background.9856.......Background.6563.......etc.........etc

Thanks for any advice

5. Hito

Hito Member

Again i think i have cracked it. The Blender script worked and it renamed all the excess duplicate Background materials to their original name. I got it to export the fbx back to the original folder, got it into KS editor, changed the shader to Multilayer and it turned out swimmingly.

Off track has integrity, the render stats are good, file size is good, need to workout how to UV map the models to reduce the texture count

The scene has just under 1000 meshes, down from a staggering 16000 at one point (track is 80km long). I aim to get that down even further now i know how to reduce the mesh count successfully

Thanks for all the input

Grant

luchian likes this.
  6. cercata

cercata Member

And what happens if you define them ? Can you override them ?

7. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Not sure. I seem to remember they might give some weird behaviour but I might be wrong.

And what would be the point anyway ? If you want surfaces with diferent parameters, why not just use a new name ? :)

Anyway, if you want to have fun, give it a go and let us know what happens.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

8. Vakulinchuk

Vakulinchuk New Member

Is there a list of limitations for AC game engine? Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice