Featured TUTORIAL Build your FIRST track - BASIC GUIDE

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by luchian, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Gobta23

Gobta23 New Member

Hello, i am currently building my first track and i have some questions.

1. How do i merge roads with different textures? There's a gap between both roads.
    2. I have tried using scatter to have trees everywhere, but KSeditor crashes when i try to import it. What else should i do?
    3. Do i have to cut terrain up into different sections? Car keeps falling through the map.
    4. For roads, i have to limit each section of the road to about 25000 verts, is that correct?
    5. How do i add working lights for lamp posts? I currently have multiple lamp post and unsure on how to get them to light up.

3 lane section dip.PNG 2 lane section dip.PNG trees with names 1.PNG terrain verts.PNG lamp posts.PNG

if anyone could be so kind to help me progress.

2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

2. after scattering all those trees are instanced, ksEditor can only handle empties and meshes
    -selected trees, then Ctrl+A -> Make instances real
    -and Object ->
    upload_2022-11-28_14-36-21.png

-evtentually yes, dont do parts longer than 1km
    -check normals direction, see https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/ac-car-in-blender-problem.2714/#post-18870

5. vanilla AC has nothing for that, you make a CustomShadersPatch config
    https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-Lights
    examples for Kunos tracks:
    https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    Ryno917 and luchian like this.
  3. darin baughman

darin baughman New Member

Hi I am having an issue with my track not being visible in AC. I am following all the fbx export settings from the tutorial and still nothing is visible. When I did my apply transform I did all, I have reset my origins to mass for all my mesh objects. Maybe the origins is the issue? I was wondering if having the rotation reset to zero is an issue? When I spawn in to the pits I don't fall thought the sky and can drive for a bit till I fall though the sky. Any help would be appreciated as this is slowing down my track release. Oh and I didn't transform rotation on my empties for the spawn points.

4. Rob Pawn

Rob Pawn Member

sounds weird to me. that means your texture is transparent if ya not fall right at the spawn.
    If the surface u drive on, would be flipped in orientation, then it would be invisible but you would fall instandly!
    Anything to see in ksEditor?
    maybe make some pictures of 3D model and kseditor... And i guess open a Question thread in tracks would be better considering this is a tutorial thread...

5. fughettaboutit

try export with scale at 100.0

6. darin baughman

Thanks for the reply. I will open a thread in the tracks section with some screen shots of blender and ks editor. I may not be able to get to it till friday. In ks everything shows up and looks right. I'll also try the scale 100.0 too.

7. darin baughman

So I figured out the issue. When you are in the ks editor I was under the impression you could load multiple fbx files and create one kn5. The reason I was falling though the track and not the pits was I loaded the pit phy mesh fbx first and that is all that was in the kn5 file. I just needed to export all the objects I wanted in 1 kn5, in 1 fbx. Loading the phy mesh with renderability showed me this. Thanks again for your response, much appreciated.

Rob Pawn likes this.
  8. JoeK

JoeK New Member

Courtesy of Google 'Fabio Ventura' translate... <<I already changed the names and the car falls the same>>

9. quetillo

quetillo Member

Good everyone, I've been playing blender for a while, before I used rtb which is a track editing program, it comes so you can put your UE objects you can create in fbx format, for 6 months I do not use it, to learn in blender I took my old jobs from another simulator (Rfactor) and put it in blender and configured and exported for AC, A few days ago I decided to create from 0 I made a map for 4x4, but I have a problem that is not solved, I create a vertex color and with red, blue and green paint and textures are coming out and blurring between them creating textures quite successful, but when exporting to kseditor comes the first texture.I have seen people that the texture are green.ami I get asi.no know if in blender I have to paint Another way, separated colors or all green or blue, I stay stuck in this step, for my important

I do it like this, but the mixture does not come out, because it is a general texture alone.
    Does anyone know a little tutorial​

Attached Files:

10. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

As explained to you in the other thread you opened… AC does not support vertex coloring.
    You are confusing vertex coloring with txMask, which is a special texture you make by hand.

11. quetillo

quetillo Member

That's what I would like to learn, that's why I put it in this section dedicated to it.I have seen several works that use that method.but I get confused in giving the textures in blender, because I do not know if I have to paint the areas in green, red and blue, with different textures or as I leave it from Acer.gracias

12. fughettaboutit

if you have a uv-map over some terain:
    upload_2023-1-9_14-3-27.png
    in uv editor there is "Export ..." View attachment 7931
    upload_2023-1-9_14-4-15.png

you get a png

open that in Photoshop or Gimp

use it as base for painting the txMap texture

(if you know how to handle "Texture Paint" in blender you can use that...)

quetillo likes this.
  13. quetillo

quetillo Member

How can I make it look like the one on the left. clean without pixelation

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      275 KB
      Views:
  14. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Your texture is too small in size for the area it needs to cover?

quetillo likes this.
  15. fughettaboutit

might be some setting in blender, how does it look like in ksEditor?

quetillo likes this.
  16. quetillo

quetillo Member

It is not small because I did a uv and it came out well in kseditor, but it looks like this, I save the project and open it and it looks good, I don't know why

17. quetillo

quetillo Member

In kseditor fine, and when I save it, it looks very good, good mixing system but it is still very short in textures, since it is only RGB

18. wmialil

wmialil New Member

You can use alpha channel as well for an extra texture.

On my terrains, if I have a lot of different textures I want to come through (snow, rock, grass, cliff, dirt, larger landscapeish textures for distant terrain), I use many different terrain materials, but with the same large Mask. I use the same Red + Green channel textures throughout, but keep the Blue channel as something unique to each separate material. Of course, you must make sure that there is no Blue channel pigment present where the different materials touch each other.

[​IMG]

So here ^^^^ many different Textures, 1 Mesh, 1 Mask, 4 Materials

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    EKO Sim-Racing and quetillo like this.
  19. quetillo

quetillo Member

Thank you, but I imagine that to have more different textures I would have to split the mesh and paint with the same colors, because in kseditor it only leaves I think there were 3 or 4.

20. wmialil

wmialil New Member

Yes you need to set the different Materials in Blender, where the different areas of Blue are (on the same Mask).
    I added a pic to the post above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice