Sound in Tunnel

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by LanD, Jan 30, 2024.

1. LanD

LanD Member

Hi guys, is there something to do to make the engine resonate in a tunnel?

2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

3. LanD

LanD Member

thank you, friend
    if I understood correctly I must create a cube like for ac_pit_0 but for the reverv ac_reverb and also named my tunnel ac_reverb or only my tunnel ac_reverb

and I need to insert the lines into the surface.ini or create an audio file? sorry if my questions seem stupid

4. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Only a cube, name it AC_REVERB_1

Insert in audio_sources file in the data folder

LanD likes this.
  5. LanD

LanD Member

ok thank u so much friend

6. LanD

LanD Member

excuse me I was looking to configure a two way.
    I have to create two ac_starts and two finishes, one for the outward journey and another for the return trip, or I can make a start then the finish only at the end of the course.
    And I have side roads I should define them as extend or something like this so as not to confuse with what I would like to define as the circuit?
    There is no video for this how to place these cubes according to a one lane or two lane etc, I understood that it was necessary to place several ac_time if the circuit is long max 3 I believe...
    In my case where the map also has side roads in streets that have nothing to do with where I want to race, if I place my times only on the highway and the return lane to return to the highway in the other meaning the game will understand that the turn is only on the highway for example and not on the roads in the city? I haven't found anything apart from videos that talk about the basics of the basics on how to orient your cubes and where to place your pit, its start and its times but not even for the hotlap and the rest

7. Rob Pawn

Rob Pawn Member

there is A to B (with 4 cubes) or Circuit, where Start and Finish are the same 2 Cubes (Left and Right) they pointing towards drive direction and i think, it will do nothing if you drive against the pointing direction through it.

because of your side roads - just place the cubes beside the main raceway.

LanD likes this.
  8. Rob Pawn

Rob Pawn Member

actually you can bind the sound to any NODE. I saw trento bondone is using the splittime cube (ac_time_1_l) for the reverb for example...

LanD likes this.
  9. LanD

LanD Member

Thank you for your answer
    so there are four cubes for an a a b
    AC_START_0
    AC_TIME_0_L and R
    and AC_FINISH_ and I would have to direct the z towards the finish when returning, is that correct?

and last little question maybe stupid but I have to ask it :lol: what is the hotlap for I haven't asked one yet on my circuit because I don't know its usefulness sorry to bombard you with questions

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  10. LanD

LanD Member

I drew a sketch, could you tell me what type of race I get with this?

Attached Files:

11. LanD

LanD Member

I think I have understood that one lane is a circuit with only one way like a sprint to which I place an ac start and a finish at the end of the line and the two lane I place the finish at the end of the return
    and if I want it to be a turn circuit I don't place an ac_finish but only an ac_start and the time_0 time_1 time_2
    I also have to create my one lane two lane files and the one lane two lane models according to my desire for the track. I just modify the cubes, their positioning or their names to change the circuit or route?

Rob Pawn likes this.
  12. LanD

LanD Member

I don't bother you anymore it's good everything works circuit day circuit test traffic etc thank you for your help and the time taken to answer me and just the hotlap what is its purpose?

13. Rob Pawn

Rob Pawn Member

nice that you got it.

Hotlap is basicly a Training Mode i would say?! Just to set up a time record?!
    Because of that, Hotlap Cube should be placed far away from Start line to reach the driving speed you would actually have on your normal 2nd lap (befor crossing the startline). simple...

LanD likes this.
  14. Rob Pawn

Rob Pawn Member

Overall for A to B tracks you need at least 7 Cubes.
    (4 Cubes for start finish, 1 hotlap, 1 pit spawn and 1 Start spawn)

Just to make sure:
    AC_START, is your spawn point and you will need a couple of them (its not the Timer for Start/Finish Line)
    AC_PIT, for the pit spawn...

For my A2B Rally Layouts I use:
    AC_AB_START_L
    AC_AB_START_R
    AC_AB_FINISH_L
    AC_AB_FINISH_R

For Circuit Layouts:
    AC_TIME_0_L /R

LanD likes this.
  15. LanD

LanD Member

thank you for these details it really helps me to understand well I had difficulty capturing so if the ac start makes me spawn I have to do pits for the competitors and ac start for them too
    How many pits can we go up to? I have read 18 quite a few times in the ui track

16. Rob Pawn

Rob Pawn Member

dunno how much, my freeroam layout has 80 so far. i guess there is not realy a limit?!

yes, ac_start_0 / ac_pit_0 is first slot.
    for singleplayer always first spawn slot.
    in multiplayer its the first car spawn location.

ac_start_1 / ac_pit_1 is for the 2nd car. (and so on - counting upwards)
    when you join server in 5th car you get the spawn location of 5th spawn cube.

start cubes are used for starting the race.

pit cubes are for practice, driving into pits or when using jump back to pits button for example.

17. LanD

LanD Member

thank you very much for your answers my friend haha you don't have to worry about the number of pits on your freeroam haha I'm going to start with around ten and then I'll have to look at the node geometry for the bush trees etc. in any case thank you really great forum

18. LanD

LanD Member

Do we need a specific file or do someone do something to make the AI work against us? they are in the pit when I start at the pit and on the starting line when I start on the line but they are not moving forward

19. LanD

LanD Member

I try the addon on blender
    I exported at different scales
    by taking the middle vertices of the road mesh
    then taking the edges of the road but same result each time when I import it into ks editor the ia line ends up far from the road and this means that in game the cars leave then stop immediately....

20. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Use the AI app in game to record a fast lane and pit lane

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice