Races for mere mortals?

Discussion in 'ACM Club Racing' started by Marton, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Marton

Marton Member

Hey,
    might be just me, but driving cars that take my whole concentration to just keep them on the track, constantly fighting with its under-steer, then snapping over-steer, or huge inertia doesn't make me enjoy the race... At all! Can't we race something like Lotus Evora GTC, BMW Z4 GT3, Pagani Zonda R, etc?
    Cars that feel worse than my daily driver just ruins it for me...
    </rant>

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Pixelchaser and luchian like this.
  2. ihlades

ihlades Well-Known Member Staff Member

We have something planned with the Zonda R.

I've also created the requests thread - LINK. It should've already been there, but somehow it was deleted. Problem fixed, you can now propose combos you'd like to see.

BTW, what's your daily driver? If the BMW M235i Racing or Nismo GT-R are bad experiences compared to that, then you must be a very lucky guy! :D

luchian likes this.
  3. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hey @Marton ,
    I'm part of this group as well (we've raced a lot of road cars in the past) and I'm pretty sure there is something in the bag :) @ihlades .

Also, we have THIS thread, which welcomes all the suggestions. Be sure they will be taken into account, will make for the following weeks combos.

LE: damn, ninja'd by the weird animal :D

4. Marton

Marton Member

Just to brag about it :p MK5 Golf GTI, with APR stage 2 tune (270hp/400nm), Good Year Eagle F1 tyres, EBC Yellowstuff break-pads, and so on...
    And I meant even with all electronic aids off and on a really twisty road, there is only a well controllable lift-off oversteer and a bit of understeer if I overcook it. But nothing comparable to some of the cars I tried in AC that just won't turn in, or when they start to slide they just snap and crash boom. I even had the luck to drift a bit a Porsche and drive a Gallardo too, but they seemed magnitudes easier to drive than these. Maybe I am just hard to adapt, or missing the feedback of my buttocks? :D
    Btw, I just finished a race online with a slightly tweaked McLaren MP4 12C on Imola, it was a blast! My fingers are still shaking...

5. ihlades

ihlades Well-Known Member Staff Member

The Mk5 is one of the great GTIs! :D

But you can figure that driving in AC is totally different to driving in a real car. No feedback whatsoever compared to the real deal. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice