QUESTION KsEditor Persistence File Location?

Discussion in 'General' started by Larry Tudor, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Larry Tudor

Larry Tudor New Member

Hi,
    I've been working on a track doing a bit in 3DS Max and then exporting the FBX file and importing into KsEditor where I define the shaders for the materials. I've then saved the persistence file when things are looking good. Then I've gone back to 3DS Max to do more work on the model then back to KsEditor and so on. I've always named the FBX file the same and it opens in KsEditor with the correct shaders and then I just define the shaders for any changes I've made to the model and save the persistence file.

This has worked fine many times until the last time I imported the FBX file when all the shaders for the materials are back to as if it was the very first time I imported the FBX. I don't know why this happened? I now want to manually load the persistence file to get back all the work I've already done but I don't know where to locate it or what it will be called. I'm hoping that someone can help out?

Thanks
    Larry

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

The persistance file has the same name as your FBX file, with an .ini at the end. It's located in the same folder as the FBX file.

3. Larry Tudor

Larry Tudor New Member

Thanks, however I can't see any .ini file. Below is a screen shot of where I have saved the FBX file on my PC. There is some sort of 3D object file but no .ini file

upload_2020-11-20_5-48-30.png

Is there some specific folder for KSEditor where I should have saved the FBX file when I exported it from 3DS Max? Thanks

Larry

4. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

you have "Show File Extensions" off for your WindowsExplorer, its this
    upload_2020-11-19_21-53-12.png
    if you select the file and hit F2 you should see the ".ini" extension

5. Larry Tudor

Larry Tudor New Member

Thanks for the help. I see know that the 3D object file is the FBX and the other is the .ini file. It's a bit strange that the .ini is much bigger than the FBX file. It wouldn't load in KSEditor so I've redone the shaders. Now all is working correctly.

Cheers
    Larry

fughettaboutit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice