SOLVED How can I make Track cams ? need help pls :)

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by MisterWink, Apr 11, 2015.

1. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

The tutorial above is more of a dirty way of doing it :), or when you are doing cameras for a track you don't own the fbx for. BUT:

1/ if you DO own the fbx, then for full control, I recommend using the SDK editor.
    Load the fbx in the SDK, then load the fastlane and go to cameras. You can define exactly the in and out point for each camera.

2/ if you DON'T own the fbx, you can try to adjust the file manually, more of a trial and error process. If the camera switchs too late, you might want to subtract a constant from the current IN/OUT points. For example:

BEFORE:
    Camera_0
    [..]
    IN_POINT=0.9
    OUT_POINT=0.2
    [..]

Camera_1
    [..]
    IN_POINT=0.2
    OUT_POINT=0.3
    [..]

Camera_2
    [..]
    IN_POINT=0.3
    OUT_POINT=0.4
    [..]
    ..and so on.

AFTER:
    Camera_0
    [..]
    IN_POINT=0.8
    OUT_POINT=0.1
    [..]

Camera_1
    [..]
    IN_POINT=0.1
    OUT_POINT=0.2
    [..]

Camera_2
    [..]
    IN_POINT=0.2
    OUT_POINT=0.3
    [..]
    ..and so on.

If still too late, then adjust some more. It's like when trying to sync subtitles :D

KilianG40 likes this.
  2. KilianG40

KilianG40 New Member

thank you! worked well! :)

luchian likes this.
  3. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury New Member

4. Henkz

Henkz New Member

Is someone here still active? I need help setting up a fixed camera at a certain track but can't get it to work...

Attached Files:

5. FFF789

FFF789 New Member

Hello, Henkz. I understand from this file that you want only one camera, probably overlooking the whole track or something like that. I hope you positioned it properly first.

In order for this file to work, you need to change a couple of things.

The line IN_POINT=-1 into this: IN_POINT=0
    That 0 (zero) means that this camera will start broadcasting from the start/finish line.

Connected to that, the OUT_POINT=1 means the camera will stop broadcasting at the start/finish line, and switch to the next. But since you have only one camera it will just continue the loop, so this setting right now is ok as it is.

The line at the bottom IS_FIXED=0 means the camera is not fixed to look at one spot with car passing by, but will follow the car. If you want it fixed, you need to make it as IS_FIXED=1.

Like this, that's all:

[HEADER]
    VERSION=3
    CAMERA_COUNT=1
    SET_NAME=TV 1

[CAMERA_0]
    NAME=1
    POSITION=445.686 ,1.5722 ,263.838
    FORWARD=-0.973909 ,0.0898792 ,-0.208391
    UP=0.0878898 ,0.995953 ,0.0188064
    MIN_FOV=60
    MAX_FOV=60
    IN_POINT=0
    OUT_POINT=1
    SHADOW_SPLIT0=1.8
    SHADOW_SPLIT1=20
    SHADOW_SPLIT2=180
    NEAR_PLANE=0.1
    FAR_PLANE=5000
    MIN_EXPOSURE=0
    MAX_EXPOSURE=10000
    DOF_FACTOR=10
    DOF_RANGE=10000
    DOF_FOCUS=0
    DOF_MANUAL=0
    SPLINE=
    SPLINE_ROTATION=0
    FOV_GAMMA=0
    SPLINE_ANIMATION_LENGTH=15
    IS_FIXED=1

6. tiwixblue

tiwixblue New Member

Hey everyone, having a problem with fixed cameras as well. As I change IS_FIXED=0 into IS_FIXED=1, that specific track camera tilts 90 degrees and is not pointed in the direction I initially had it. I've checked the in and out points but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Any tips?

7. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

change the forward= line, thats the direction
    FORWARD=x,z,y

z is up, so you will probably only change x and y, unfortunately its not loading cameras live so you need to test that by loading a new session every time
    i think values for x,y go from -1.0...1.0, not sure about that

this app helps getting a base cameras.ini fast, it has no advanced options for cameras though, creates only cams with IS_FIXED=0:
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-shaders-patch-debug-app-advanced.29060/

edit: i could be wrong and you need to change
    UP= x,z,y
    not sure too atm

8. GorillaJones

GorillaJones New Member

Is there anyway to have a server camera focus on a single car? For instance I want to make a camera attached to the rear spoiler of one particular car on the server looking backwards so I can see all the cars chasing this one car. Thanks for any help.

9. GRLap

GRLap Member

Suppose I have three camera files: cameras.ini; cameras_1.ini; cameras_2.ini

How do I instruct AC which set of cameras, i.e. which .ini file, to use for a session, e.g., for the replay? It seems obvious that if you have multiple camera sets then you need a way to instruct AC on which camera set to use. And yet I can't find this setting anywhere. As usual, I'm probably not understanding something about AC.

10. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Pretty sure it defaults the first ini file, cameras.ini everytime. Dont think you can change that... But you can just switch to the second or third set using F3? Is there a need for this to be automated?

11. GRLap

GRLap Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Can you please explain the cameras.ini settings; UP and FORWARD. The settings appear to be in the form of an X,Y,Z coordinate, which doesn't make sense for a vector such as FORWARD. And UP is self-explanatory I'd think. These settings seem to matter a lot for a Fixed camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice