QUESTION Changing UV map for curbs on an existing track leads to invisible textures?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Silentexecute, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Silentexecute

Silentexecute New Member

Hello,

I wanted to change the UV mapping for the curbs on Mid-Field Raceway (a custom mod track from Gran Turismo to AC) to make them more accurate to the original game (for personal use). To do this I exported the curbs.kn5 that came with the mod files to a .fbx file using 3DSIMED3 so that I could open up the .fbx in Blender. Once opened in Blender, I edited the curbs's UV mapping and touched nothing else. Then exported the file back as a .fbx and loaded that into 3DSIMED3 again. Everything looked great in the viewfinder and I saved it as a .kn5 file and replaced the curbs.kn5 in the mod's track folder. Once in game, the textures for the curbs were invisible but still had the physics so I believe it is a texture issue that arises somewhere along the exporting/importing process but I cant for the life of me figure out the problem.

Exporting the original curbs.kn5 to fbx for use in Blender
    [​IMG]

Before making my changes
    [​IMG]

After making my changes
    [​IMG]

Exporting from Blender back to fbx + the settings on the right for export
    [​IMG]

After opening the newly created fbx into 3DSIMED to see if it saved my changes, then saving it as a kn5 file, and finally replacing it with the one in the mod's folder.
    [​IMG]

In game the texture does not show but the physics of the curbs still work
    [​IMG]

2. EKO Sim-Racing

EKO Sim-Racing Well-Known Member

3. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

enable this on fbx-export from 3dSimEd:
    upload_2021-7-16_12-39-57.png
    and use ksEditor to import new fbx and to save as KN5, like EKO Sim-Racing said

Attached Files:

Silentexecute likes this.
  4. Silentexecute

Silentexecute New Member

Yes that worked!! Thank you guys,
    Also I should mention that I was using Z Forward when exporting when I should have been using the default -Z Forward as this is what was causing the problems as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice