BMW M235i - some useful setup info

Discussion in 'In The Pits' started by luchian, Feb 12, 2017.

1. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

This is one of the most forgiving (race)cars in AC, in my opinion. So it's surely useful to know more about it in order to race it better :). Thanks to AC forum user Epistolarius, (and to BMW, of course), here is some great reading material. I am sure that after browsing through, the next stop is your cozy cockpit for some laps in AC. Write below if happens :D. I know it will for me.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/bmw-sports-trophy/bmw-m235i-racing-cup.html

And a small guide for better setup tinkering:
    DOWNLOAD: BMW M235i setup tips - PDF

Funny bit - but this is where we all need to start :D

Handling problems, car or driver?

Many handling problems can be attributed to driver errors, especially for new or inexperienced drivers. It can be difficult without data logging to determine if a handling problem is Set-up or driver related. Below is a list of clues where to look first when handling problems occurs:

• If a problem is inconsistent, it is likely driver related
    • If a problem occurs at every similar type of track section, it is likely Set-up related
    • If a problem is either on left or right turns only, it is likely Set-up related
    • If a problem is at one turn only and not at any other similar turn, it is likely driver related

NOTE:
    The documentation concerns the 2016 version of the car.
    I am not sure which version we have in AC. In any case, lots of principles apply.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. GregP

GregP New Member

luchian likes this.
  3. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

..and in order to avoid that the above link also becomes obsolete, I have attached the pdf to the first post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice