TOOL Blender Texture Tools addon

Discussion in 'Tools' started by luchian, Oct 1, 2016.

1. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Came across a very interesting Blender addon (created by Tommi), that could be very handy when texturing. This can of course be used for any type of model, but figured we would get the most use when working for them tracks :D. This is what it does:

It's hosted on Github.

Installation
    Download https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amb/blender-texture-tools/master/seamless.py, save it to your computer and add the seamless.py file to Blender through User Preferences > Add-ons > Install from file...

Requirements
    Works best in tandem with Blender Internal render. Cycles is not supported at the moment, but may still work.

Description
    Various utilities for handling images and generating new ones inside Blender.
    • Able to make seamless tiles with two types of algorithms [video 1]
    • Convolution filters: blur, sharpen, gaussian, edge detect, emboss
    • Normal map creation from bitmap data [video 2]
    • Automatic material generation (normals, diffuse and specular maps) from bitmap data. [video 3]

Won and Pixelchaser like this.
  2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

nice. spent most of last week investigating procedural generation for my hdr photography textures. conclusion, make it yourself. I like the look of the tool in that last video as that's similar to what I am processing for results. without photoshop though that tool is amazing. no need for sloppy texturing any more :lol:.

luchian likes this.
: blender, addon
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice