W.I.P. Ascari Race Resort - Ronda, Spain.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by liquido, Apr 16, 2015.

1. liquido

liquido Active Member

My god.... speechless.

luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

well thanks :lol:.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  3. Pixelchaser

hmm.. I still think ours can look better. but this is nice for consoles.[​IMG]

luchian likes this.
  4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

This looks very clean, and very coherent. If only we can get to the same level.. :rolleyes:

5. Pixelchaser

not too clean and coherent possibly ? our 3d grass if done correctly will be the defining factor i hope.

6. liquido

liquido Active Member

This could be one of best looking inside GT6, they came to Ronda and love the place, they did an excelent work... they are working on games since I was a guy... hard task to achieve that quality, if you knew ... nothing would make me happier than to put our ascari above Kazunori's version .

EDIT:

I can see things changed to accommodate a racing game .... but nothing to discuss. Now I see mat barriers think I have to improve these models.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  7. Pixelchaser

kerb re texturing and applying shader from photography. (editor view) this will be re worked again for multimap shader. presently using multilayer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    liquido and luchian like this.
  8. luchian

Loving it !!!

9. liquido

liquido Active Member

Rigth now I belibe you can do better work than GT6, I just see clearly that you are the fucking master. I say this with all the respect.

oh boy this is insane.

Pixelchaser and luchian like this.
  10. Pixelchaser

we need to get on the 3d grass asap. it will hide a lot of annoyances. and well will pm you more what id like to see to accommodate this seamless feel im gaining now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

new base texture I made. im going to paint on this shirtly to get the blend onto the track side absolutely seamless all way round. no hard crossovers.

[​IMG]

11. luchian

Wow, you were busy ! It looks better and better with every screen !

Pixelchaser likes this.
  12. Pixelchaser

:) lots of perfecting and refining still to do. and any refining liquido will do will only make this better. I can hide polygons well as you can see. but when we deliberately deal with that at the model level. a new layer of subtlety comes.

these areas of gravel and sand we need to uv map different please. take tiled texture mapping away, and map each area to a big plane, all sand on 1 texture. atlas style. gravel on another, and the pit area. all areas with tiled texture repeat we map different. that method only good for rfactor. with AC we make it all with mapping like the base..... ?

13. Pixelchaser

today ive tried to get things looking better before doing anymore. too dull and brown, this is much lighter and now the scenery bounces the sunlight too. fricken hard to balance it all though. this must be about 3 pm in game

14. luchian

I would suggest to start making suggestions/observations about what needs to be changed/improved. Ideally with images so we can understand/identify the areas.
    Then update the first post maybe with the complete list - and with time, start ticking things off that list towards completion :).

@Pixelchaser in any case, progress is looking good !

liquido likes this.
  15. Pixelchaser

getting seriously pissed off with youtube, turning my videos into steaming piles of Poo!

16. luchian

What are you using for compression ? (also, you might want to try 60fps).
    ..and we'll get offtopic a bit :). Sorry @liquido

17. liquido

liquido Active Member

your wish is my command. ;) working rigth now on new UV maping and according to luchian's tip I'm working on to do list to update the first post.

As much as I try weekday I not have enougth free time so finally this weekend I recuse at home again to finish the model of the road.

I still have to upload another photos pack (buildings, barriers, sings) 600Mb I'm trying to upload it now.

On Saturday stay tuned to this thread after lunch because I'll show the options I have designed for the road and together decided the most apropiate.

luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  18. liquido

liquido Active Member

I'm watching it and compresion is the problem.... the image is jumping and pixelate... but we know what you have. there is no problem... upload the video as you have to mediafire or something.

No problem luchian :)

luchian likes this.
  19. Pixelchaser

list will be good. lets have a few lists broken down. first list can be the ground, so everything that is the ground, (not TSO`s) i can start this off with my knowledge, will do that on next build, then share it, we reform the list. once this stage complete, it will give us good basis for you and Luchian to work on same build. then do next list, TSO,s but once base is completed.

so bit of preliminary work on next build then we all work on one build , share work , create new build, evaluate latest build. rinse and repeat.

the most important jobs imo are trees and 3d grass. I think these need to be handled firstly when concerning ourselves at stage two, the TSO`s.

will start a private convo with the three of us. :lol: lets call ourselves triple trouble ! :lol:

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    liquido likes this.
  20. Pixelchaser

god damn shitty weather in south spain, :lol: :lol: :lol:

seeing this kinda floored me earlier. and some proof my shader methods are correct.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

add rain to this and it would just be particularly melancholy :)
    [​IMG]

and for for good measure, a comparison... just realised ive been using custom weather thingy. ive simply edited CLEAR setting to move fog distance out to 25000 m. this allows some detail on the surrounding hills to pop through (when sun not in line of sight)

we I think shall create a Spanish flavour to these weather settings explicitly for use on this track, which will also allow us to re colour our sunshine as necessary, and dawn to dusk horizon colours from south spain. and maybe tuning that to the track colours will be nice too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2015
: ascari, tracks
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice