SOLVED AI Problem

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Ternal, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Ternal

Ternal Member

Hi everyone, i have a problem with a track i try to fix for personal use.
    I made the AI but when the car pass over the start finish line it brakes and turn into the grass, i noticed with tha ai app that there's this red line over the track surface (the red line should be the track limit if im not wrong). How can i fix it? Anyone knows how to solve it? Thanks in advance :) Screenshot_acr_ferrari_sf71h_adria_12-10-119-22-26-23.jpg Screenshot_acr_ferrari_sf71h_adria_12-10-119-22-26-55.jpg

2. Eric Tripton

Eric Tripton Member

Yes, there is an app called AI helper that will allow you to make boundaries of your track. Also try in KSEditor the AI tab, resample up and down and you will see it slowly correct the lines...… there are more in depth ways of dealing with this, but someone was nice enough to develop the AI helper app.

3. Ternal

Ternal Member

I tried the app and also the kseditor but nothing seems work. I give up and trash the track at this point is useless if the AI wont work at all :-/

4. Eric Tripton

Eric Tripton Member

Whoa don't give up, you'll get it..... What track? is it a homemade from you or a download?

I am willing to give you a hand, as I run in to this with my own tracks, but have got the gist on how to fix it.

5. Eric Tripton

Eric Tripton Member

I have added an alternative AI line to some exisiting tracks as well for my personal use, so no worries. We can help you out to achieve your goal as far as AI

6. Eric Tripton

Eric Tripton Member

Make sure to make fastlane first. Make sure you delete old fastlane.ini and the new one will be fastlane.ini.candidate.
    Change the new on, backspace and remove .candidate from the name.
    Should read fastlane.ini then make L and R lines.
    VERY IMPORTANT. For example, make your L line using Helper app. Once the lap completes, exit to menu screen. Load track again, create R line and back out again.
    This should establish boubdaries, you will not see jagged crossing red lines.
    Then you can make pit lane.

MGMetroDave likes this.
  7. Ternal

Ternal Member

It's since yesterday that i try it but no luck, i tried everything and i already fixed many tracks for personal use but i never had issue like this one unfortunately.

The track is Adria, abandoned by Mitja Bonca 5 years ago i think. I did everything except adapt them for the vao-patch (i don't know how to make it) but for this thing i cant find a solution, even with the ai helper i can't make it work :-/

I also have another problem with an older track by strobe8 (brasilia, i think was converted from reiza studios) where there's no way to record the fast_lane. I did tons of fast_lane but on this track is not working at all even pitlane can be recorded :-/

I just finished fixing the conversion of Londrina (i have it on my hdd since v1.8 of AC and i only fixed now), everything works fine (except for vao patch of course) even there's a small strange thing (ONLY on first lap on the straight line there's a fps drop, a big lag like there's something in the middle of track but there's nothing) then, if you pass on the same point multiple times for many laps nothing happens o_O

This weeks seems not the right one for fixin stuff ahahah

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  8. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

Looks like your main problem might be you are not running enough laps to record the line. The first lap you run is a throw away and any lap after that can be used. On the first lap the line does not always connect properly at the start finish line. While the red lines are a problem I don't think they would cause a complete stop of the AI. They usually just cause them to swerve slightly.

The reason the red lines are an issue is because of the defined valid race surface is not setup properly. Red lines are defined by valid race surfaces on record and do no take any walls into account. This is often an issue on the front straight when the pits are set to valid. Normally they should be valid but not during the recording process.

The easy way to fix this is with the AI Line Helper tool which Dave (esotic) and I worked on together. It creates a .csv file which uses the left or right tire to define the red lines. You do it for both sides of the track which will create a left and right csv files. The next time you load the sim you hold the SHIFT key which will bake the csv files into the recorded ai line. Dave made a pretty comprehensive video about using the tool.

Won likes this.
  9. Ternal

Ternal Member

This is what happen with Adria right now with the AI

https://streamable.com/kuxff

I have to try again with the AI Helper but the latest version is different in the UI than the video and the behaviour is different than in his video, maybe i did something wrong myself or is a track problem that causing it.

For Brasilia i did multiple laps but nothing can make the fast_lane get recorded

For Londrina tbh i don't know what is the problem.

10. Eric Tripton

Eric Tripton Member

If you would like to link the tracks, that way we can have a crack at them. The vid looks like AI getting congused from the L and R lines, obviously.
    I, alone can't answer why its not letting you record the fastlane.ini, if you can link the track, I would more than happily try to do it myself... if I run into any issues I will post back.
    I'm quite certain with the level of help available, a solution will reveal itself.

11. Ternal

Ternal Member

i've sent you the link inbox mate, in order to avoid any problem for the forum ;)
    Many thanks, much apreciated

12. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

The core problem is likely this:
    upload_2019-10-13_13-15-40.png

The purple main line is not connected properly. As I said above likely not enough laps run when recording. You cannot use the first completed lap.

13. Ternal

Ternal Member

14. Eric Tripton

Eric Tripton Member

Problem for this forum?!!!! They will get over it!!!!!

15. Eric Tripton

Eric Tripton Member

16. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

Record a new fast lane and drive a minimum of 2 laps before you exit. And make sure your start recording before you cross the start finish line the first time.

Your main line is screwed up which is likely also screwing up the ai helper recording.

17. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

18. Ternal

Ternal Member

Thank you LilSki, i will :)

19. Eric Tripton

Eric Tripton Member

With all due respect, I ran the track with at least 3 laps to assure a proper fastlane. Once it looked good through the entire circuit, all connected, when I jumped out and check all the names and such in the folders, I went back in.
    The exact problem surfaced, which led me to believe something in the KN5 was amuck. So It is something I reckon you could start investigating in the editor process..... not sure as I dont have the fbx, but he received a new Kn5, someone fixed.

Ternal likes this.
  20. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

when reading this, your main problem may be that you have to first create both "side_r/l.csv" files and then record your ai line after that

the recording process merges both, the ai-line and the borders into "fast_lane.ai", if you dont have borders in "side_r/l.csv" files loaded by holding shift when recording, AC makes these borders by taking surfaces into acount, which are currently having "IS_VALID_TRACK=1" in your "surfaces.ini"

Ternal likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice