Trees distribution in blender

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Martin Lacina, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Martin Lacina

Martin Lacina New Member

Hi guys. Need some advice regarding the distribution of the trees in blender. Im still not satisfied with the results. What are most of you useing for the even distribution of the trees on the track?
    I will explain how im doing it.
    - prepare groups/collections of different types of trees / bushes with origin in the bottom middle point
    - prepare objects / emitter for particle system which could be shrinked on the terrain.
    - set the particle system for each emitter which is linked to the group of trees and playing with the scale, rotation., etc
    - before export i will convert particle objects to the individual trees
    - all the trees i make single user
    - Join the converted trees to one object

I tried to play with particle parameters but still im not able to get the even distribution of the trees. On some places there are many trees colide each other, on other places there are empty spaces. Is there somhow possible to distribute the trees with possibility to not collide one to another? Any advices or video tutorial will be appreciated.

2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

3. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

using a ParticleSystem for scattering trees on a surface, you can simply use a 'Collection' (a folder in outliner) with objects in it as source
    upload_2024-4-11_1-4-22.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice