QUESTION Multiple AI Paths?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by TakeoGFX, Jul 24, 2018.

1. TakeoGFX

TakeoGFX New Member

I'm in the planning stages of making my first track and I need someone's advice. Is it possible to have multiple AI paths for different cars/starting positions so that they would follow different routes along a given track? I wanted to have a track with multiple routes but I'm not sure if thats possible in AC.
    Eg: AI_1 follows Path_1 and AI_2 follows Path_2?

Thanks in advance:)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  2. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

Hi, I don't know if it was meant to be like this, but I have 2 working AI lines actually in my track. It was a mistake by myself but I think you can do some trials. What I did was recording an AI line, but I touched a wall and went back to pit before the finish line, start a new lap right away and reached the end. Got out of the game, saved the AI line and now I've 2 lines saved for half track. AI is reacting quite well, automatically following first or second line, and when they reach the end of the first one they slow down (because I was slowing down to restart the lap) and gets on second line path.
    I think if you find like a slow turn you can stop the recording while going, get back to pit, register another AI line, get back to pit, etc.. You just don't have to cross the finish line until you finish your lap.
    This is easy to do in my track since it's a point to point track, but if you tweak pit position to do the AI recording you should be able to do the same in a circuit.

Just Kauser likes this.
: AI Path
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice