Lighting and Colour in ksEditor

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by Rob-bb, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Rob-bb

Rob-bb New Member

Hi, are there any tips or guides for setting up ksEditor for good accurate lighting. I am finding the cars in-game look very different in ksEditor,

2. DrDoomsLab

DrDoomsLab Member

Nope not really. Its ment to be WYSIWYG but not really. I use KSeditor and CM custom show room and then ingame to check. usually going back and forth quite a bit.
    Cheers.

3. Hydrag

Hydrag New Member

I think the difference between those two is due to the Post-Processing filters in game.
    If I remember correctly there aren't for example multiple light sources supported by the game besides the sun. All other lights like the break lights are due to the PP filter. Hence the lights won't show up with their glow in the ksEditor. Why it works in the CM Showroom though? No idea. I guess the CM showroom has additional features added. For example, it's possible to adjust the camber or toe of a tyre (optically) in the CM showroom even when this is not supported graphically in game.

Why they didn't include the same type of filters or light interactions in the CM showroom as in the game is still a mystery to me though. Because personally I think many textures, especially dark ones look really great in the CM Showroom, even when I add additional bright light sources, while in game it appears almost too dark.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice