QUESTION it there a way to convert the normal music to linear array music?

Discussion in 'Sounds' started by cr51, Nov 20, 2022.

1. cr51

cr51 New Member

i found a stage in acu—cota,i want to add some music to it,but use normal audio,it's a little fake,so i want some linear array/ip address/speakr audio,it there a way to download or convert?
    [​IMG]

2. Rob Pawn

Rob Pawn Member

you wanna play music from a stream or media player ?
    without using a soundbank?

i don't had time to go into that theme, yet.
    but when you see that youtube and spotify is workin in some newer cars, there should be a way to realize it on the map. Iam lookin forward and following this thread keenly... :)
    One thing i forgot - its probably only workin for yourself - like with PObjects... noone else will see and hear what you playing, i guess.

3. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Music can play in the track scenery, but you'll need to combine them in one long audio track and compile a soundbank with FMOD. Then through CSP config you can add the location of that stage. If done correctly, music will play once you are near it.

4. cr51

cr51 New Member

Recently i am finding jobs,i don't have time either,before getting your reply,i use Fmod and CSP to make some demo on it, but i found it has many limitation,eg,in a fast-moving car ,i just listen 0-1 sec music(music in a small area),but outside the car(F7,free mode),the area of the music can be increased a lot. And if i use big files or place file on multiple locations,it will have some stuck.So when i have time,i will try the streaming music.I think it will be very difficult.:ROFLMAO:
    https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...dd131bb/included-cars/android_auto/apps/radio

5. cr51

cr51 New Member

I try this,but it has many limitation,as you say,when the car near it can play music,the music area is too small,but outside the car(F7,free mode),the area of the music can be increased a lot.And if i use big files or place file on multiple locations,it will have some stuck.

6. Rob Pawn

Rob Pawn Member

The Music stops after u left the area. And start again from 0 when u enter the area again.
    You have to increase the Range in FMOD to let the music play continuously.
    I had the same problem. music stoped to quickly until i found the range setting...
    And then i have 2 sound source close together in a city. In car all fine, but in <F7> they both were to hear and overlapped in certain areas. So try to adjust the volume in ext-config for example

CAMERA_INTERIOR_MULT = 1.4
    CAMERA_EXTERIOR_MULT = 2
    CAMERA_TRACK_MULT = 0.4

BUT pls pay attention for destroying Headphones if you pump up the volume to extreme.
    In FMOD is a LUFS filter. Just google for LUFS... But keep in mind if ya have the Sound on max volume in FMOD, you should NOT pump it up again in ext-config...
    Its important to master the sound correct without oversteering and destroying hardware... THX

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice