QUESTION Invalidating lap times based on collision with certain objects?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by SyNarji, Nov 21, 2020.

1. SyNarji

SyNarji New Member

Hi all,

Hope this is the right place to post for help, please let me know if it isnt.

I'm working on creating a version of a track that has cones placed around it for a FSAE Student racing team so the drivers can practice on the competition track ahead of race weekends. The way FSAE works is by placing numerous cones around longer tracks to give them more turns and reduce the average speed to a safer number. If there is a collision with any cones on the competition day there is a penalty applied, I was wondering if there is anyway to replicate this in Assetto Corsa? - prefererably without changing too much, a simple invalidated lap time would work.

Thanks for any help!!

2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

You cant use any AC_OBJECTS to make them invalid or something...but you can

Cut out off the underground surface a small mesh called "1CONEAREA_a" in reasonable size around the Cone, so that the tyre would roll definitely over that when it would hit the cone; use something like this in

"tracks\yourtrack\data\surfaces.ini":
    [SURFACE_0]
    KEY=CONEAREA
    IS_VALID_TRACK=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=5 ; lap invalid is only shown once, laptime app shows running laptime in red then

For that to work this must be set in
    "Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\race.ini":
    [LAP_INVALIDATOR]
    ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=0 ; default is -1 for all four i guess, if not-you have to test some values here

luchian, maruto and SyNarji like this.
  3. SyNarji

SyNarji New Member

Oh Awesome Thanks so much! ill give this a crack and see how it goes!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice