QUESTION in game car setup set value

Discussion in 'Apps' started by KiboOst, Mar 28, 2023.

1. KiboOst

KiboOst New Member

Hi,

Never done AC app but python dev. Also new in sim racing and AC.

I have a Fanatec Formula v2.5 wheel, and when settings encoders in pulse mode, in settings / ac / control, MPS position change is seen as a button pressed (pos1 = 32, pos2 = 33, etc).

Mainly playing F1, I've set controls to change brake bias, mgu delivery/recovery / mode and brake engine with wheel buttons while playing.

I see that we can only map increment and decrement buttons, seems there is no way to say button 1 pressed = brake bias 55 for example. I saw a few scripts that do workaround this by inc or dec value, read sharedmemory value, and continue inc/dec until it is the right value.

Can we really can't programmaticaly set an absolute value ? This is no cheating as we can inc/dec to the value we want, so is there a way to just set an absolute value for the settings we have the right to change in game ?

The end goal would be to use these multi position switches (acting like multiple logical buttons on one physical button in pulse mode) to store and then change several settings at once.

example:
    I turn MPS to pos1 -> ac read button 32 pressed, then :
    set brake bias to 55, mgu del to low, mgu rec to 100, mgu mode to battery, brake engine to 10
    I use conventionnal buttons/rotary to adjust then (so current value change) then turn MPS to pos2 -> ac read button 33 pressed, then :
    set brake bias to 52, mgu del to no deploy, mgu rec to 50, mgu mode to motor, brake engine to 4

The idea is to store several presets for outlap, hotlap, race pace, race defense/attack, wet condition, etc and change all values on a button (or MPS pulse pos) by loading this preset.

Is it something doable in AC with a python app, or can I just forget the idea and dial in/out tons of buttons each time I want to change car config ?

Once more I don't want to change things like height, camber toe etc, just talking about settings we can actually change with inc/dec buttons.

Thks

2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

3. KiboOst

KiboOst New Member

Thanks for your answer, nice to see it is possible!

Never developed in Lua, but I may have a look. Will definitely join discord channel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice