how I block the grass in some areas

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by quetillo, Feb 17, 2021.

1. quetillo

quetillo Member

I was looking for information on how to hide grass in some places but nothing. My question is, I use RTB and a google maps satellite blackground, I give it texture in some areas, gravel texture, I wanted to hide where the gravel is, so that it would not come out grass. but there's no way.I know that the ini file of the extension is touched but I don't know where to put or remove material, I have tried several ways and nothing
    thanks

2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

if you're speaking of CSP grass_fx: just dont use MASK... parameters, it extends places where grass is spawn to non-green areas too, without 'mask' params you should get only grass in places with green underground

quetillo likes this.
  3. quetillo

quetillo Member

Thank you the maks it is

fughettaboutit likes this.
  4. quetillo

quetillo Member

I was looking for information about the grass fx, but I did not get to understand much, I did a section that removes the grass or it left little, but I wanted to do it in another section I remove the marks and it continues to go out, I am going to explain myself better, a section where in Some places are dirt, in the RTB I give it a dirt texture (I paint with a dirt texture) I wanted grass fx to appear but in those areas where I paint I don't want it to appear, my image is blackground.

5. quetillo

quetillo Member

I've been writing on this forum for a while, without result, I haven't managed to prevent the grass from coming out in the area I want, I'm going to explain myself a bit, I hope you understand me, I create a rally stage with the RTB program, I have The satellite blackground image, then with a texture I paint an area, but there is no result the grass appears, if I hide the grass on the sides giving the matter yes, but when I paint them they continue to appear, I went to read a little about the subject on this page, but nothing at all. Is there a solution or is it only if it is painted without blackground. Thank you very much
    https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-Grass-FX

Attached Files:

6. quetillo

quetillo Member

and it is without blackgroung but only original weed

Attached Files:

7. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

add this to your [GRASS_FX] section:
    OCCLUDING_ALPHA_MATERIALS = your_road_material, your_sand_mat
    and insert the name of your road (and/or sand) material
    (as usual you can use more than one material sparated with comma)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  8. quetillo

quetillo Member

Thanks so I did it, I have the blackground as an image, I gave several areas a gravel texture, I did this by painting those areas, but they are not hidden, if I put a material such as the sides if they are hidden but painting not, if it I think if blackground comes out as in the photos, that is what I do not understand. that with the satellite image blackground it does not leave me and if it is without blackgroung if it leaves me. Thank you very much I will continue investigating

9. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Merged threads, theres no need to open a new one if you didnt get your answer originally.

I think theres a language barrier here, that's why your problems aren't getting answers.

And if I understand your problem, to make sure the grass is not growing over the gravel mesh, you can add either the name of the mesh or the material in one of these 2 spots.

Code:
    OCCLUDING_MATERIALS =       

OR

OCCLUDING_MESHES =

quetillo likes this.
  10. quetillo

quetillo Member

Thanks but there is no way. I give him to hide that material that is with which he paints some areas and it continues to come out.

11. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Works fine for me in my tracks.
    I have no idea what you are doing. What does your config file look like? whats the mesh name?

quetillo likes this.
  12. quetillo

quetillo Member

Thanks for answering, I hope to explain myself well.
    I do the section in RTB with a blackground satellite image, then I take a texture and paint some areas where I wanted no grass to come out, in hiding materials I put that material, but it does not work because it is painted. If I hide material from the sides, it is hidden .

13. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

I’m even more confused. Not idea what painting a texture means.

Use the object inspector app in game and click on the mesh you don’t want grass on top. Take a screen, post here

14. quetillo

quetillo Member

RTB

Attached Files:

15. quetillo

quetillo Member

Assetto corsa

Attached Files:

16. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

I know what it looks like, you have shared the same image a few times... what you need to do is to open the OBJECT INSPECTOR APP in assetto corsa, and click the mesh, so the name pops up

17. quetillo

quetillo Member

I did so, but as it is common on several occasions it is not texture, it is painted on the mesh.

18. quetillo

quetillo Member

I more or less understand about it, as I said before, that's the way it happens to me and there is no way and all this I believe because it is texture painted on the mesh.

As you can see in the inspector, it is the blackground as I said, to give it those textures, everyone has to do it like this, painting with a texture, be it grass, gravel, road or sand texture

Attached Files:

19. quetillo

quetillo Member

This is how RTB works.I hope you understand it with that explanation. Many take the confi file from other sections where the grass is, sometimes it works, other times it does not, so I would like to learn, I do not like to take from another and place it in mine.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice