SOLVED How can i add bumps and better cambers to my track on 3ds max.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by LockeNessMotorsports, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

is Y axis pointing up on the dummies. check the pivot point to see if Y(green) points up.

I had that vert count problem recently. but it was in max. check the normals on your model. each vert should only have 1 normal pointing out. if it has more its fucked somehow.

try get 2 exports, one set to export as AC, and one without that AC option..

sometimes when rtb exports none of the faces are joined together, they just sit in position. I'm pretty sure the other type of export will fix it. and if not, try grab all your vertices and weld selected. with a lowish figure.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. Willy Wale

Willy Wale Member

The FAQ has quotes from the devs. It says the limit is not vertices but coordinates. Including vertices, normals, and UV coordinates.

3. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Active Member

I am doing a new track from scratch for AC in 3d s max. But since I dont know how to get the real bumps of the track, I have to use some conventional method(s).

I have tried using Displace modifier to add bumps, have played with it for a couple of days now, but without any satisfying success.
    What I would like is to use UV mapping of the mesh, and "copy" it on the physical mesh. But I just cannot do it. When selecting Bitmap, or Map it simply somehow overwrites all the mapping. It always wants to use Fit option, so the image I want to use for bumps (in the way that the track follows) its then filled into the track dimensions (length and width) if you know what I mean (one image for the whole track, like it would be a rectangle, the track only takes bumps that covers the image).
    What I would like is to do the same as with texturing the tarmac for example with UVW Unwrapping.
    Does anyone know anything about it?
    Damn I am getting tired of that crap ;)

4. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

with displace modifier it should use the original uv mapping. but I find it a pain to work with. manual method is best I just select a bunch of verts and height change them by 1-2 mm at a time.

5. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

I've done displacements with both UV and global in blender. I prefer global for generic noise and bumps. Then I just assign certain areas that require specific bumps by hand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice