1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISSUE Car doesn't load ingame

Discussion in 'Car Models' started by Omar6627, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Omar6627

Omar6627 New Member

Hi everyone

Decided to try myself in modding, in car conversions to be exact.
    Started off easy: ripped an Audi S4 model from NFS Shift ( because i already had the game on my HDD) via QuickBMS script. Then did some tweaking in 3dsmax as in video tutorials on Youtube ( "dummies" and all that stuff). Then kseditor, assigned textures and shaders ( mapped random textures to some parts, target №1 is to make the car appear ingame for now :lol:). Tested in 3DsimEd, opened just fine. Then swapped other mod's .kn5 model with my model, did some tweaking in data files, renamed the folder. Launched the game, tried to start a practice session in my car and... It just doesn't load. And strangely, no crash logs, no error messages, nothing: i press Start, it kicks into Loading screen for a few seconds, and then kicks back into Launcher menu. I'm kinda confused right now. Any help please? :whistle:

2. luchian

luchian Administrator ACM Racing Team ACM Club Driver

Hi @Omar6627 ,

Welcome to the forums, BUT please note that ripping models from 3rd party without permission is not encouraged on the forums. What you do on your own PC regards only you of course, but please don't post about it.

If you'd like to learn about car modding, I suggest you start with something very simple (it can be even a cube with 4 cylinders) and work your way up once you are familiar with the workflow. Replacing the graphical model it's very easy once the rest is done. Should you require guidance, you can open a thread about it.

Thank you for respecting our request.

3. Omar6627

Omar6627 New Member

@luchian Ok, no problem. This one is for personal use only though, but i still would like to get some help on that. Could it be wrong settings in data file? Or it has something to do with model itself?