QUESTION Blender plane modifier

Discussion in 'General' started by Amarth, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Amarth

Amarth New Member

I had a similar issue on that first track i posted, but this second track i am trying to make it more drivable.
    On blender, after you drew your path, applied scale and so on, you go to add a plane to be the track. Usually, you put your plane with, idk, 14m of dimension in Y (in the video he puts even more). But here is the thing, in the video, when you apply the curve modifier it fits neatly in the track. In my case, that doesnt happen, in fact, even with 2m of dimension it just fills the screen with it

Screenshot_30.png
    this here is the array at 2m

Screenshot_31.png
    this is the result when you put that into the curve.

I have no clue where why this is happening. This track was scaled up to 24 times before applying scale and rotation to it and adding the plane. Theoreticaly, those are the steps you should do and should be able to make bigger pannels for a smoother track. Stayed a couple of hours fiddling back and forth with no avail.
    Can anyone shine a light?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Both the curve and the plane need to have the same origin. Try for example placing both at 0,0,0, it should make things simpler.

Also, for the curve, you should make sure it's not twisted on itself, that would give you strange road inclination (you will see it).

3. Amarth

Amarth New Member

Well.. what i learned is: "don't make a track with elevation in Z". For some reason, that is what bugging it out. Even when i build the path constantly using X and Y hotkeys to make it as straight as an arrow, the plane arrays still glitches out, which doesn't happen when the track is all in the same plane... weird.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice