W.I.P. Would anyone like to see this completed? (KYALAMI '79)

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Flipdo3, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Flipdo3

Flipdo3 New Member

would anyone like to see me complete this Kyalami '79 project? all i have so far are a basic (likely inaccurate) layout and only knowledge of RTB, so its not the highest quality track.[​IMG]
    This is the current layout state. have used this picture as a reference:
    [​IMG]

luchian likes this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Are you kidding ? :) Why wouldn't one want to see this all the way ?
    Go ahead ! Even if it doesn't turn out that great, it will be a great learning experience for you.

Also, as a side note:
    Since the launch of AC modding, I have seen amazing works emerging from guys that didn't know very much about 3d before (in their own words). So by experience, the result is more related to the amount of work and dedication you are willing to put in, and less than expected by pure skill. Also, there are great guys around, who could for sure give a hand when you get stuck. So, go ahead !

3. Flipdo3

Flipdo3 New Member

Thanks for the kind words luchian. i've spent many hours reading your help threads and replies haha. i've only ever released one track before, and using RTB for it.. so certainly much easier than Blender. Hopefully it can turn out alright :) i'm currently doing odds and ends in my free time.. usually about an hour a day. I hope to make it to a good standard for an rtb track.

luchian likes this.
  4. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

I had possible plans to do a classic Kyalami at some point. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. But I would suggest you look over the AMS version for reference as it is very good.

luchian likes this.
  5. Flipdo3

Flipdo3 New Member

a classic kyalami from you would be a treat

6. BjoernH

BjoernH New Member

I just wish to inform you that the image showing the old and new track overlays are incorrect. I was a Kyalami Marshal at the Esses from 1986 until 1996. The current track from Sunset bend to the uphill run to Leeukop(Wesbank), including Clubhouse and the Esses is still part of the original track.

luchian likes this.
  7. Ricardo Rey

Ricardo Rey Active Member

Awesome. How is it going?
    I personally would like to see it in a 67 version as well. Same track layout as 79. I have 67 adverts and such if you need them.
    Cheers!
    P.S. Would really like to see all of the F167 tracks, pre-ground effects. = old school drifting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice