Textures KS Editor (Blender)

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by PapaTweaks, Mar 29, 2018.

1. PapaTweaks

PapaTweaks New Member

I made a model in Blender and it loads in KSEditor, but missing textures. I tried reloading under materials the missing textures/materials, but they won't load. UV Map PNG, Random Texture, and Assetto Corsa Texture don't load up they say 0x0 0kb. DDS file is the only thing that loaded, but didn't visual do anything. Not really sure how to get my materials to transfer out of Blender or just to get some textures to be able to drive the car.

2. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

In general, everything you do with the material in Blender will be ignored in the KSEditor, the only things that are transferred are a material name and the UV map.
    Could you do a screen shot of the KSEditor after you tried to load the texture? And maybe upload the texture on its own here?

3. PapaTweaks

PapaTweaks New Member

Maybe I just don't understand the shaders. I loaded my UV Map Image of the body which is just one color of this teal. I can't get color out of it. All I want is simply colors applied to my car so it's not black and I can export it. My file is highlighted purple, but if I load a DDS AC Flame file it shows up green with 0x0 and 0kb.

Attached Files:

4. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

Oh, your values for the first few options are way too high, everything will turn white at those. Rather use some of this range (ignore those you don't have, the first 4 are those you need. And AlphaRef only has a range of 0 to 1, and should be 0 in your case too)
    11.jpg

also, are you using the Editor in fullscreen mode? The form factor of your screenshot is a little weird

luchian likes this.
  5. PapaTweaks

PapaTweaks New Member

I can't get any color with the same settings. DDS or PNG same results. Tried several shader types.

And no I had Editor windowed at the time, so that's why.

6. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Did you 'init' the editor at first use ?
    Maybe you have the black&white filter on.

- on Tapatalk

7. PapaTweaks

PapaTweaks New Member

That was my issue. Thanks! Loaded the car and it worked except I think I scaled the dummies so they turned out big wheels, but car is good sized. Tried fixing it and all the sudden my car is huge, like takes up the sky, so I'm wondering what the dimensions should be. I know that scaling things must be done in a set way since some things must be scale of 1.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice