Setting up a server

Discussion in 'General' started by Kibbutz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

Hi guys, I'm setting up my own server on a rented space, and all is working fine so far to my end.
    Then I asked a friend to join to do some testing and I came up with a weird problem. He is able to join only if he download content manager, and he's not able if he use AC launcher, the track is highlighted in red (meaning the problem is related to that, but assetto won't be more specific then the standard "missing content" message).
    I set it up first through acServerManager.exe, the official one, and I went through checking both server_cfg.ini manually on my server and from the manager again but no custom content is selected. The only thing I'm coming up with is I have the g&b weather suite on my machine, but again I'm using the Light Clouds default weather, and if that's the case he shouldn't be able to join it through ContentManager aswell, while in fact he can. Is anyone here practical about servers? I may be doing something wrong since this is my first time setting up one. I can provide server_cfg and entry_list files if needed

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

What content are you trying to run ? Standard or mod ?
    If mod, did you uploaded to server the data files ? (surfaces for tracks or acd for cars, iirc).

Otherwise, only @x4fab knows what wizardry CM does :).

3. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

yeah I did, and everything is working fine if using CM, everyone can join. But not with standard AC launcher.
    The track is my own CesanaSestriere, modded, but I should have uploaded it fine since it's working with CM.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice