Hello from Colorado

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by BucketfootBMW, Apr 3, 2020.

1. BucketfootBMW

BucketfootBMW New Member

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to Assetto Corsa, having just downloaded it yesterday. I have been a Gran Turismo user (GT5 & GT6) for awhile, but sadly lost a couple of the local tracks I had downloaded when they finally killed off GT5.

This is what ultimately brought me to AC Mods. I track my car doing HPDE sessions with NASA Rocky Mountain and just yesterday saw that a High Plains Raceway track had been created for AC. In the matter of a couple of hours I had picked up an inexpensive PC that I could dedicate to a sim setup, downloaded AC and joined here to inquire about getting the HPR track.

I don't have any experience in 3D modelling, but as my background is Engineering I may have to take a stab at it. I track my daily driver which is a pretty oddball track day car (BMW X1) and kind of like the idea of having it to use on this. Either that or I'll have to tap our older daughter's talents as she is a Mechanical Engineer and does 3D modeling on a daily basis!

I would also be curious to know if any other Colorado tracks have been created (especially Pueblo).

luchian likes this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, welcome to the forums.

It's really the selling point of AC. So many possibilities. Regarding modding, there is no secret: anybody can do it, as long as you stick to it. It will not be necessarily easy, but it's not rocket science and all the info you need is on the forum :).

Good luck and have fun.

Pro Tip: once you are familiar with AC, look for Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch and SOL. It will extend AC visuals (and more) tremendously.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice