YES!! Car in game at last!

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by RC45, Sep 29, 2016.

1. RC45

RC45 New Member

OK, getting a car into AC has proved a bit tougher than some other sims I have worked with, but its done!

I have 2 shader/texture issues.

How to do the mirror textures.

And how to cure objects (the rear bumper and roof here) that are always transparent no matter what texture/shader I select.

[​IMG]

Fat-Alfie, luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hey, this is not bad already !! :)

A few ideas:
    - re-check normals
    - check alpha transparency settings

Also seems distance between front and rear axles is not correctly filled in the ini :).
    Maybe some of the car gurus could give a hand.

Keep it up, curious to see how this will turn out.

3. RC45

RC45 New Member

Yeah I am not bothered about the physics and graphics offsets right now - that stuff is not hard to do, I want to sort these graphics issues out early on.

The plan is to have the definitive C5 Corvette mod. The C5 Z06 will be the first car.
    Stock 345hp 1999 and 2000 FRC versions, 2001 385hp z06 and then 2002 - 2004 405hp z06 versions with correct badging and options.

Anniversary badging, correct fender badges, popup headlights, door animations and proper fiberglass panel damage modeling - it always bothered me that fiberglass cars get metal panel dent damage models. Oh,,and correct 3D model without keyhole for passenger door handle on 2001 and newer cars :)

Then upgraded appropriate/realistic upgrades, heads/cam, LS7 upgrades, coil over upgrades, turbo and blower specs.

And all out modded cars like mine, then follow up with coupe and convertible versions as well :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    MarcZ06 and luchian like this.
  4. luchian

Oh wow, that is some good modelling ! Is this made by you ?

The plan sounds great otherwise :D. There are never enough Vettes.

5. RC45

RC45 New Member

Well the above photo is of my car in real life - 2001 C5 Z06 I have had 2002. Heavily modified heads cam 427ci LS7, 600bhp, big brakes, coil overs, wider front and rear fenders, carbon fiber hood, 5 point race harnesses, seats detachable steering wheel - basically a real life Forza car :)

I have bought a couple C5 3D models, and blended them with a Forza 4 rip for that 1st model above - but I am learning 3D modeling to be able to do custom fenders, hoods, seats, steering wheels and door details etc.

6. luchian

Nice car to own ! Must be a handful when pushed, I am sure. I've never driven any pure American cars (yet). Beeing in Europe makes it a bit difficult, but I've spotted some possibilities. Hopefully in the not so distant future :D.

About models, please note that ripping is not encouraged. We can of course discuss methods, work-in-progress and any facets of the project(s) in the purpose of learning. But when, or better IF it will come to sharing at some point, I would really prefer the purchased models or your own contribution :).

Don't take this personally. Even though we are not associated with Kunos or binded by any contractual arrangements, we would still like to keep this place a respectful one, encouraging learning and original content creation.

Thanks, hopefully this will not be a show-stopper for you :nerd:.

7. RC45

RC45 New Member

I understand regarding ripped models, this is why I bought 3D models. I have an old rFactor1 project with original C5 models. I used the Forza rip as part of a test but have pretty much abandoned it because of certain inaccuracies. Plus I prefer the wheels I did in 2011 for the rFactor mod anyway.

What ever is released will be all original/bought. :)

luchian likes this.
  8. RC45

RC45 New Member

FWIW the rear bumper and roof are from the Forza model and they are the ones with issues. Replaced them with bumper and roof from my own model and no more issues.

luchian likes this.
  9. luchian

Great to hear, looking forward to seeing more !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice