W.I.P. Lime Rock

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Pixelchaser, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

can anyone help. track needs an AI line to setup cameras and to control cameras in game. but I want to stop it being single player raceable. just like touristfahrten, how is this done ?

2. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Active Member

I can do it for you. But I need your track.

3. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

Or you could just explain how it is done.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  4. Pixelchaser

indeed, how s it done. I find it infuriating to be asked blatantly for my track before completion whilst I'm willing to help pretty much anyone with anything.

IER get your own tracks! apparently they just want my track now so they can evaluate their payed for modding bullshit. and they don't come directly either. or friendly, or in any way nice about anything. does mclarenpapa person work for IER ?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  5. Arachnus

Arachnus New Member

Touristfahrten has a A-B point spawn start type( AC_AB_START_L/AC_AB_FINISH_L and AC_AB_START_R/AC_AB_FINISH_R), and don´t use the "AC_START_X" spawn meshes, just the "AC_PIT_X", didn' t tried any similar till now, but maybe the lack of the AC_START_X, is the trick. I think you can make it ciclical too, on a normal circuit way, just don´t having the start spawn meshes, maybe you will allways start at the pit??? and that will disable the race selecion mode for your track???

Pixelchaser likes this.
  6. Pixelchaser

indeed indeed. think I'm getting the idea. seems more like a fudge than a feature :lol:. good stuff Arachnus.

Arachnus likes this.
  7. Arachnus

Arachnus New Member

have a try, i don´t have the time right now to do so, but i´m interested in these too, later i´ll dig a little on this too

8. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

They are a freeware modding group.

9. Pixelchaser

tourist has:
    AC_HOTLAP_START_0

AC_AB FINISH_L
    AC_AB FINISH_R

AC_AB_START_L
    AC_AB_START_R

AC_PIT_0 (-31)

so this is correct Arachnus. and ive tested it nicely. but it still appears in menu. hmm.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  10. Pixelchaser

I thought they were charging for their stuff. not sure whats made me think that. anyway..

11. Arachnus

Arachnus New Member

Something on the ui.json maybe? some tag?

Pixelchaser likes this.
  12. Pixelchaser

ok the riddle is solved. it just needed the actual AI lines :) then the track disappears from race menu.

its autocross time.

Arachnus likes this.
  13. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

I might be late to the party, but maybe you got it a little harsh "Ali" :). Don't know for others (or groups or whatever), but Mitja seems like a nice guy, at least for the interactions I had with him. Maybe it's just a misunderstanding.
    Anyway, I don't pretend to know better (nor do I wish we develop more this discussion here), just wanted to give another pov :).

And to change the subject, a little progress. Now it has the correct number of segments, the correct orientation for each reinforcement, the right length :). Left support pillar to do, details to be added and so on. But damn, would it be useful if somebody would have some photos of this damn thing :D

progress_8.jpg

Pixelchaser likes this.
  14. Pixelchaser

no, I was only annoyed at IER asking for it. I realise it looked like I'm beating on Mitja , but I wasn't, I did feel a bit held to ransom though :lol:.

Clearly you don't need photos Luchian , good job without them . :lol:.

luchian likes this.
  15. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Fair enough, we're all people :).
    Question: how do you wish to proceed for integrating objects (like this bridge above) into your project ?
    Should I just send you the file (which format) and you put it in ? Or ?
    And if yes, would it be annoying to send you "updates" on it ? :D I mean, I would like to see it in already, but in the same time it's not ready yet.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  16. Pixelchaser

how do you want to do it ? its just coordinate matches really and you can update it whenever you like. place it on limerock fbx, then delete contents on limerock fbx to leave the model. this lime rock fbx will probably never change enough to hinder any object placements.

luchian likes this.
  17. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Active Member

So u don't need an more help on ai and tv camaras @Pixelchaser?
    Nice looking walk over @luchian :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    luchian likes this.
  18. Pixelchaser

ive have indeed figured it out Mitja.

decisions decisions. I'm scrapping the autcross and skid pan. mainly because there just not very interesting or very nice to drive. half the autocross track is blind corners, nightmare for drifiting and well the skid pads about as great as what being dizzy is for 2 minuites. instead I bring something else.....

19. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

I would leave them 3d just not a layout to use them. For NJMP I modeled the cart track as it didn't look good as just a texture. Unless you can't see it while driving then a simple texture is fine I guess. Either way people just want to race the track and nothing else IMO. Just include the layouts with different chicane configs.

luchian likes this.
  20. Pixelchaser

decided to keep it all but confine the cars to the tracks and little parking start area. these things are for solo play really. ill allow maybe 8 cars at any one time though. that way I can not have people just driving anywhere. and I can control the whole scenery processes better to the extent its not becoming a lesser quality build.

learned a few shrink wrap techniques in max with the poly graphite tools this evening. quite nice for matching separate meshes.

: Lime Rock, Track
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice