Trouble w/kn5 Scale

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by GRLap, Nov 15, 2023.

1. GRLap

GRLap Member

I'm working on a car, having trouble creating a .kn5 that works properly in game. The .fbx loads into KS Editor fine, everything looks correct. I can save the .kn5, no errors. The .kn5 loads into Content Manager correctly, e.g. the showroom. Everything looks correct in the CM showroom. The issue is when I load the car in-game, the wheels and tyres are not visible. This could be a scale issue, that the wheels and tyres are "there," just incredibly small, e.g., 1/100 correct size? I don't know. The .fbx objects are all set at scale=1.0. The dimensions of the car objects in the .fbx are all 1/100 normal size, as I imported it into Blender with scale 0.01 (as instructed elsewhere) and then applied scale to all objects.
    I've tried everything I can think of. The car itself is fine in-game, drives fine, looks great, except it has no wheels and tires.

2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Could also be the pivot point of the helpers set to 0,0,0 instead of locally

3. GRLap

GRLap Member

The “Helpers,” is that the same thing as the dummies, which are named WHEEL_RF, etc.? These are then the parents of the visible rim and tyre?
    The coordinates of the dummies are all set locally, not 0,0,0
    The only thing I would add is their locations are based on 0.01 import of the original fbx and car dimensions that are all 0.01 “real” size.

4. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Yeah, dummies.

Im not sure then

5. GRLap

GRLap Member

I imported the model to blender with scale=100, then applied scale so Scale =1.0 everywhere. Model dimensions are now "real size," not 0.01 of real size.
    imported to KS Editor. The car is "too big" so can't move around it in KS Editor. Nevertheless I saved a .kn5

Now the rims and tyres are visible and correct size in-game, but rest of car is 100x too large!
    So my first hypothesis was correct, scaling issue. But I don't know how to get the tyres/rims to correct scale versus the rest of car.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice