Rim Mirroring: Any way to fix it?

Discussion in 'Car Skins' started by TimelyLimey, Feb 24, 2023.

1. TimelyLimey

TimelyLimey New Member

Hello everyone, I will try to make this quick and brief. I wanted to modify my rims for a car I am creating a livery for, and I wanted to add some text onto the rim. After doing an export, I went to check if this change had worked, and it did.

However, one side of the car- the right side to be more specific- had the unmirrored text and looks 'normal' (first picture). The left side is where the mirroring is (second picture), and I haven't got a clue on how to fix it. I'd assume this also goes for the rear rims as well.

Baby's first forum post as well ':)

upload_2023-2-24_1-40-7.png
    upload_2023-2-24_1-41-40.png

2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

You will need to mirror the UV for the left side rims - can be done in your 3D modeler of choice

TimelyLimey likes this.
  3. TimelyLimey

TimelyLimey New Member

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm quite new to this though, and I've got no clue how to do that, particularly since I'm not all that proficient in 3D modeling and have only familiarized myself with the movement mechanics in Blender...
    You may have to talk me through this one or just leave me some instructions/steps because I'm rather dense ':)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
: Rims, Text, Mirroring
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice